Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

How would YOU style these trees? 6 years 2 months ago #37193

• Kleenex4u
  • Kleenex4u's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello Community,
I have some trees that I am wondering what to do with. I am a relatively new bonsai enthusiast, so its hard to for me to imagine what will happen if i make certain cuts. Would you be willing to give advice and explainations on these trees, with descriptions on how and why you would do this? I could imagine this would lead to some interesting debates or discussions if two members were to give different opinions. diverse opinions welcome.
thank you

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How would YOU style these trees? 6 years 2 months ago #37194

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

Hello Community,
I have some trees that I am wondering what to do with.

Welcome to this forum!
Your little trees are still very young, so I would wait for some time. Keep them healthy, water them properly, put them outside as much as you can (if the temperatures allow, of course).
Wiring at the moment can be done to make trunk and main branches (IF they're going to stay and not be cut later) not so straight (boring!), but this can wait also.
Your plants need flaring roots and thick trunks *before* ramification and reduced leaves, and both take time.
Years, in fact.
A tip to thicken the trunk and create a strong root system: plant them on the ground if it's possible, or in colanders/pond boxes for some seasons.
NOT cutting the strong branches and letting them get longer helps to thicken the trunk also.
Patience is the name of this game.

How would YOU style these trees? 6 years 2 months ago #37196

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

I could imagine this would lead to some interesting debates or discussions

You might get interesting debates or discussions if the material was interesting. It is not.

How would YOU style these trees? 6 years 2 months ago #37198

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855
Get rid of the stone and get rid of the wire. The wiring is doing nothing. Put them into larger pots and let them grow. Give it a year or two then start work. Use the time to learn how to look after them, and practice wiring on a cut branch.

• Page: