Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Cascade or informal upright? Sargent juniper 6 years 9 months ago #33486

• Znickles
  • Znickles's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Look at these pictures...I cannot decide whether to keep the lower trunk and make it a two trunked informal upright or a cascade/semicascade and cut the lower trunk
Any ideas would be appreciated...I am not adept enough to know what is best suited nor do I feel I can have a meaningful opinion. I just want a style to work on or some ideas from people who have been doIng this longer than I.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cascade or informal upright? Sargent juniper 6 years 9 months ago #33499

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
Hm.. Dificult tree. It is a shame there is no foliage on the first part of the branches near the trunk. You now cannot cut back to where you ideally would. I probably would dig down a little to check where the roots of the tree are, and what you can do rotating the trunk a little. Then think the top. Let the bottom grow and hope for some buds to form around the first section of the lower branches so you can cut back to that.

The second image shows the tree:

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Cascade or informal upright? Sargent juniper 6 years 9 months ago #33546

• Znickles
  • Znickles's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Hm.. Dificult tree. It is a shame there is no foliage on the first part of the branches near the trunk. You now cannot cut back to where you ideally would. I probably would dig down a little to check where the roots of the tree are, and what you can do rotating the trunk a little. Then think the top. Let the bottom grow and hope for some buds to form around the first section of the lower branches so you can cut back to that.

The second image shows the tree:

Yeah I have another that I'm struggling with also that is difficult. Anyways, so you think I should cut that lower trunk off? And the other Follage not included in the drawing? Then hope for some budding on the branches and style the branches accordingly?

• Page: