is there a moss forum?

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.

is there a moss forum? was created by kittyvlekkie

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #7216
is there a moss forum which speak english or dutch and if it has to, french or german?

because i have a question about my moss, like what kind of moss is it?
by kittyvlekkie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Replied by manofthetrees on topic is there a moss forum?

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #7219
so you have a thing for moss i see ;) i like lichens myself . i dont know of any deticated forum treads but my expieiance has been less than great indoors it just drys up if not misted daily and thats not good for most trees

moss does grow well in terariums which may be an option if your set on growing it indoors. searching for antique glassware especially in the "old world"could make for an interesting hunt.the glass and shapes can be very cool in my opinion
by manofthetrees
The following user(s) said Thank You: kittyvlekkie

Replied by kittyvlekkie on topic is there a moss forum?

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #7222

manofthetrees wrote: so you have a thing for moss i see ;) i like lichens myself . i dont know of any deticated forum treads but my expieiance has been less than great indoors it just drys up if not misted daily and thats not good for most trees

moss does grow well in terariums which may be an option if your set on growing it indoors. searching for antique glassware especially in the "old world"could make for an interesting hunt.the glass and shapes can be very cool in my opinion

how does moss react to light?
or is this different per species?
by kittyvlekkie

is there a moss forum? - Bonsai forum

Bonsai forum

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #7232
i have found out its a Andreaeopsida, at least it looks most like that, i compared it to different species and it looked like a andreaeopsidabryoniea(about the last part probably not correctly spelled.) but they get long sprites releasing spores after a while, my moss didn't have those.

i put some pictures below to show you how my moss looks like.

and the one picture with a lot of numbers is mine, i know its dark and not clear but i should have made a better picture.
Last Edit:11 years 7 months ago by kittyvlekkie

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by kittyvlekkie.

Replied by manofthetrees on topic is there a moss forum?

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #7233
yep thats the best to try with it looks like what i growin my outdoor trees.the second is a dry shade moss it grows in pine woods in my area.
you can propagate it by grinding up dead moss mixing it with water to make a muddy paste and puting it on soil that is kept damp.ive heard milk works the best but i think it would stink after a while.
by manofthetrees
The following user(s) said Thank You: kittyvlekkie

Posted 11 years 7 months ago #7237
oh yeah XD, i didn't tell you about the moss next to my tree, it has 4 'colonies' 1 is about X1.5 bigger, another one is about as big, and the last 2 i planted are really small, which are growing. but it looks like this species is resistant to light but must be kept moist. but i have a tropical plant next to it, so that's no problem.
by kittyvlekkie