Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

New indoor Fukien Tea Bonsai needs Vacation water 6 years 3 months ago #36748

• Sparks
  • Sparks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Here is my problem. I have a new Fukien Tea Bonsai and I am going this coming June on a 11 day vacation. I have no one available to care for it. How do I water it while I am away? I don't want to over water it and flood the house and kill the beautiful tree. Please provide info and any links to devices. proven methods would be fantastic. thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New indoor Fukien Tea Bonsai needs Vacation water 6 years 3 months ago #36750

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Here is my problem. I have a new Fukien Tea Bonsai and I am going this coming June on a 11 day vacation. I have no one available to care for it. How do I water it while I am away? I don't want to over water it and flood the house and kill the beautiful tree. Please provide info and any links to devices. proven methods would be fantastic. thanks.

There are watering systems, but I cannot help you with this, I have no experience with it.
Having bonsai is like having a pet animal. You need to make arrangements for when you are not there. You cannot leave your trees unattended.
If you cannot take care for them, or if you cannot find someone to take care for them while you are away, don't take them.

New indoor Fukien Tea Bonsai needs Vacation water 6 years 3 months ago #36752

• Sparks
Obliviously, I didn't intend not to have a care taker available when I am gone. So i don't want to hurt my Bonsai. So I still need an answer. Auk telling me that i am not a good parent doesn't solve the problem.

New indoor Fukien Tea Bonsai needs Vacation water 6 years 3 months ago #36754

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Obliviously, I didn't intend not to have a care taker available when I am gone. So i don't want to hurt my Bonsai. So I still need an answer. Auk telling me that i am not a good parent doesn't solve the problem.

Not telling you you're not a good parent, but that doing bonsai requires planning ahead.
I don't know your budget and what you think works best, so I suggest you Google for: Indoor Plant Watering System

Last edit: Post by Auk.

New indoor Fukien Tea Bonsai needs Vacation water 6 years 3 months ago #36755

• Sparks
I have done that, but wanted to see if anyone has used one and if it worked for them. if yes which model?

New indoor Fukien Tea Bonsai needs Vacation water 6 years 3 months ago #36756

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I have done that, but wanted to see if anyone has used one and if it worked for them. if yes which model?

I expect you will not find many people with experience with indoor watering systems amongst the real bonsai enthusiasts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sparks

Last edit: Post by Auk.

New indoor Fukien Tea Bonsai needs Vacation water 6 years 3 months ago #36757

• Rob762
  • Thanks received: 6
The owner of my local Bonsai Shop will take care of trees for a short period of time for a fee. I would try this first. Then I would suggest joining a Bonsai club in your area and PAYING someone to come by and water for you. Do not ask a friend to water for you unless they have healthy Bonsai. But pay them. This makes it a job not a favor. You have until June if your auto correct didn't replace Jan.
Also if you are going in June, that tree can be outside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Auk

Last edit: Post by Rob762.
  • Page: