Bonsai forum

Submissions for the trunk fusion competition

Just curious if anyone can help

• Pandabear
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Just curious if anyone can help was created by Pandabear

Posted 8 months 2 weeks ago #81198
Wondering why my Barbados Cherry has sprouted any flowers it’s doing fantastic. Has grown a lot in the past month when I first got it when it all those leaves are falling off every part of that, but no flowers no cherries.
Also, I have a pink power puff I had lost all of its leaves and I was wondering if it’s from overwatering and starting to now grow tiny little leaves once again just curious and I also had a maple leaf I believe I had bad sunburn, so do I just put it in the shade?
by Pandabear

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tropfrog
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1363

Replied by Tropfrog on topic Just curious if anyone can help

Posted 8 months 2 weeks ago #81201
If the tree is kept in the spot where photo is taken, it may not flower because lack of light.

Flowering in all trees is triggered by environmental factors. Indoors it may just get the right conditions?

The tree look very young. Many flowering trees must mature several years before first flowering.

Just some ideas you can take into consideration when experimenting to get flowers.
by Tropfrog
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pandabear

• Pandabear
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by Pandabear on topic Just curious if anyone can help

Posted 8 months 2 weeks ago #81202
It sits on the windowsill
by Pandabear

• Tropfrog
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1363

Replied by Tropfrog on topic Just curious if anyone can help

Posted 8 months 2 weeks ago #81205
Excactly. In most homes the conditions on a Windows is stable all the time. Most plants trigger blooms because of natural fluctrations in environment. That is how they flower on the excact time if the year, every year. And that is when it is absolutely most beneficial to them. No fluctations, no flowers.

There are a two exceptions. Some plants flowers after a period of draught. That can be simulated indoors. Some triggers by longer or shorter days in spring or authum. If your area have approx the same yeary sun cycle as the plants natural environment they can bloom indoors as well.
by Tropfrog
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pandabear