Bonsai forum

Blaauw's juniper

• davekorcak
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by davekorcak on topic Blaauw's juniper

Posted 7 years 6 months ago #26883
Im not saying that i won't plant it outside. I am saying how id like to style it and which pot i think i am going to look for. My garden has very alkaline soil or second garden is on rubble landfill so. . .
Last Edit:7 years 6 months ago by davekorcak
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by davekorcak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mimo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 927

Replied by Mimo on topic Blaauw's juniper

Posted 7 years 6 months ago #26885

eangola wrote:

Krištof wrote: I would plant it in the garden for 2 years and start working on it to be a literati multitrunk, so I would select 2,3 or 5 trunks and give them initial wiring and trim.
But if you go that way study literati forms first, take your time, leave it to grow in the ground and get back to it in few months.

This is not happening and highly unrealistic for somebody who is new to bonsai.

Eangola try to read what I actually wrote :)
Plant it in the ground, get back to it later and STUDY - in 2 years he won´t be new to bonsai and If he studies a lot, he might know exactly what to do by that time :) And in the spring he could do the wiring on the trunks to give them some movement as they grow. I didn´t mean he can do what is on the pic in a year.
by Mimo

• Samantha
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 151

Replied by Samantha on topic Blaauw's juniper

Posted 7 years 6 months ago #26889
Yes, plant it in the ground, take care of it, and as you look at all the bonsai pictures (of course learn as much as you can). Then when ever you weed the garden, stop... look... and dream of all the possibilities. There's time.

Trampling junipers really helps, just don't over do it.
by Samantha

• davekorcak
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by davekorcak on topic Blaauw's juniper

Posted 6 years 11 months ago #33095
So, if you think i was dead, i wasnt. :) This pretty bad winter survived Blaauw in the best shape, i trimmed it today and as you said, i left few trunks and planted it in the ground together with some fertilizer for conifers. I gained some good inspiration on my trip to Prague Botanical Garden, there was a bonsai convention with some neat junipers.
by davekorcak