• Pinkham
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62

I'm back :) was created by Pinkham

Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago #8618
Hi everyone.
After a hellish fall and winter things have started to normalize enough in my life to be able to start doing the things I love once again. Jeffrey is on the mend after a terrible battle with non hodgkins lymphoma.....he is cancer free with one round of chemo to go. 'a round' of chemo for Jeff is 5 days in the hospital with a constant chemo drip. yuck. anyway.....he's doing great, and that means I am too. lol
If any of you were around last yer you'll remember that last spring I decided to downsize my trees so I got rid of most of them.I kept a few interesting pre-bonsai trees and 1 bonsai. This spring I have decided to start hoarding them again. ha ha. I missed looking outside and seeing my trees all blanketed in snow,and on top of that, I have practically nothing to do this spring.
It's great to see all the new members here.....where are the "Oldies" ?
I'll be seein' you around..
Lance
by Pinkham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193

Replied by manofthetrees on topic I'm back :)

Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago #8620
WOOHOO!!! great to have you back lance...glad to hear jeff is finally on the upswing.
still hoarding here.i lost 2 of my favorites this year but just yamadori'd 4 last weekend and am waiting for leaves to start the multitude of airlayering projects :P i should be pushing 100 trees by next year :woohoo:
my girlfriend isnt as happy as i am but i tell her i have to have trees to start a business. now i just have to figure out how to part with them :P
by manofthetrees

• Pinkham
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62

Replied by Pinkham on topic I'm back :)

Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago #8621
I'm jealous that you've gotten to collect trees already.It's going to be 3 or 4 more weeks before I can.....ugh.
I'll probably bring one or 2 of my "keeps" from last year to leave, because the more I look at them the less potential I think they have.It's strange what a year of staring will show you.
by Pinkham

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193

Replied by manofthetrees on topic I'm back :)

Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago #8624
i have the same problem with some of my firsts.now that i have a clue on what im doing and what to look for they are looking more and more like hopless causes.ill just keep them alive and ignore them for a few years or so.my freind puts them in his "dead corner" it sounds much more morbid than it is,he just ignores any styling and lets them grow out of control.eventually they become something ;)
by manofthetrees

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic I'm back :)

Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago #8629
Welcome back :D

Hm.. Yeah, I guess we all go through sorting phases. Yesterday I left some 12 plants at my club :d
by leatherback

• Youri1995
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45

Replied by Youri1995 on topic I'm back :)

Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago #8632
Welcome back Lance and good to hear he's getting better! :)
by Youri1995

• snuffy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 15

Replied by snuffy on topic I'm back :)

Posted 11 years 2 weeks ago #8640
Tho I'm not an "old timer" here, welcome back. It's good to hear everything is ok now. I think the blizzard we got is going to reduce my tree count. We went from 70 degrees f on Monday to single digits on Tuesday.
by snuffy