TOPIC:

tiny pots 12 years 2 months ago #3858

• MWid
  • MWid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45
Hey guys.. and girls.

I went on a 3 hour drive the other day with a few friends to find a nursery which has really cheap stock. Well... When we got there we found out the nursery was closed, apparently the owner had gone out fishing. Joys.
On the trip back home we went to another nursery, no where near as cheap, i decided i had to buy something to make the day at least a little worthwhile so i brought these 3 tiny pots.

I found some seedlings in my garden and planted them in the pots. Let me know what you think. I think they really cute.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: tiny pots 12 years 2 months ago #3859

• Pinkham
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62
hello :)
Those are cute pots,and decent seedlings.the trees should be planted in bigger pots or the ground. If they stay in those pots they will never develop thick trunks.
I think those pots would be great for rooting small cuttings or starting a tree from seed.
I look for terra cotta pots all the time at thrift stores. I find them most of the time..I don't think you could ever have too many pots.It's funny, I always find something to put in them. haha

Last edit: Post by Pinkham.

Re: tiny pots 12 years 2 months ago #3860

• MWid
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
i dont really want them to thicken up. i think they look really cool how they are. It would be cool if the got just a little bit thicker. i wonder if the new root grow will stay small.. hmm gona have to wait and see

Re: tiny pots 12 years 2 months ago #3862

• Youri1995
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I love those little pots, they're very useful with little cuttings to root. They're cheap and you can find them in most of the nursery's and garden centres.

Re: tiny pots 12 years 2 months ago #3873

• aklister71
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 2
:cheer: I bought 6 of those little pots at Walmart, 50 cents each. They came with little drain platters too.

Think I may buy a couple more in the spring.

Hope to plant a couple of my chinese elm this week.

Last edit: Post by aklister71.

Re: tiny pots 12 years 1 month ago #4073

• MWid
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Sadly all 3 plants died in the heat we've been having in cape town.. Oh well, just have to find some more growing in the garden :D

Re: tiny pots 12 years 1 month ago #4119

• Vnolan
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 17
I just got some really, really small pots like those, but they are glazed, from eBay. The listing called them pots for Mamie bonsai. Apparently those are really small bonsai :). I don't have them yet, they are coming from Japan, but I'm interested in the mame bonsai idea. Maybe we should start a new mame bonsai thread :). I had some trees planted in the dipping bowls for fondue, they were prett small and cute, but no drain holes. Those were my first trees.

I like the small pots!

Re: tiny pots 12 years 1 month ago #4137

• Vnolan
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
*i meant mame bonsai, not Mamie.

Re: tiny pots 12 years 1 month ago #4150

• MWid
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
If i get some plants to grow in these pots we can start a new thread haha. Hmm, these pots that you ordered sound pretty cool, you must post some pics when you get them.

Re: tiny pots 12 years 2 weeks ago #4581

• Vnolan
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Here are photos of some of them! Since the weather here has decided to turn cold again, I'm pot shopping instead of trying to coax my trees along. Patience, patience :) (whose tag line is that on here? Patience..... wait for it. Love it!) Anyway, I've posted pictures of the pots for mame trees. I know they are mass produced pots but that's okay, they are really tiny and an experiment. I also posted a pic of the pot I just won on ebay from Erin Pottery, because it's nice and they are a potter mentioned in Youri's article, and that makes me feel like I picked a good one! I'm hoping to make it to a meeting of the Buffalo Bonsai Society or the WNY Bonsai club here in April, and they can give me some suggestions for the pots and soil to use. (I had a dream the other night about a store where I could go and buy bonsai soil in bulk at discount prices. That'd be nice.)

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: Post by Vnolan. Reason: my photos were sideways
  • Page: