Bonsai forum

It's safe to move it?

• Tucanu
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

It's safe to move it? was created by Tucanu

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50838
Hello!

I got some seeds form a website and just planted them. I used a very bad soil and know I what to change it but I don't know what type of Bonsai I have and if it's safe to change it.
Can someone please tell me what it is and if it's ok to move it?

Thank you!!!
by Tucanu

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 856

Replied by m5eaygeoff on topic It's safe to move it?

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50839
First you do not have a bonsai. This is just a tree seedling. as for species I am not too sure, but once they are big enough to handle then you can prick out into individual pots and grow on. Unless you are somewhere that the temperature is near freezing they should be outside in a semi shaded position.
by m5eaygeoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tucanu

• lucR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 487

Replied by lucR on topic It's safe to move it?

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50840
This is a copy from a reply i made to a post a few days before yours...

Hello and welcome.
I'll try to answer your questions but bear in mind that questions like yours are asked here frequently so the search button is your friend too...
First of all: seeds sprouted: well done. A lot of people get one or nothing out of these kits.
Second ( and this is a big one) : they need to be outside or they will die, without a doubt. Normally there will be no frost untill late autumn and by then they will probably be strong enough to survive the winter. For now put them in the shade and gradually give them more sun ( morning, morning and evening, full exposure)
Third: i do hope you understand that normal trees will grow out of these seeds.. so start studying about how to grow bonsai from seed. If you continu with them you might have something vaguely looking like a bonsai in 15-20 years... ( tip : they dont become bonsai because they are planted in a small container/pot, au contraire...)
If you dont have any gardening/horticultural knowledge i suggest you start with that ( iow how do i keep them alive). the first 5 years or so there no bonsai work to do anyhow.
You can seperate them now, or wait a bit till they are climatised outside, into a good substrate ( use the search button).
Summary: outside- study study study study..... ( and use the search option...)
by lucR

• lucR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 487

Replied by lucR on topic It's safe to move it?

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50841
Btw, looks like junipers..
by lucR