• Page:

TOPIC:

Regular as clockwork 4 years 4 months ago #54784

• Ivan Mann
  • Ivan Mann's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 603
A month ago I brought the baobab inside. A week later it was covered with little white bugs. I sprayed with Neem oil. A week later it was covered with little white bugs. I sprayed with Neem oil. A week later it was covered with little white bugs. I sprayed with Neem oil. Now, same thing. I haven't seen any ants, so I don't think they are aphids, but they certainly are harming the tree leaves. They are mostly on the bottoms of the leaves, but also some on the tops of them.

It was the same last year, except I sprayed with Safer Soap, and the year before alcohol.

What else is there to do?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tropfrog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Regular as clockwork 4 years 4 months ago #54786

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

A month ago I brought the baobab inside. A week later it was covered with little white bugs. I sprayed with Neem oil. A week later it was covered with little white bugs. I sprayed with Neem oil. A week later it was covered with little white bugs. I sprayed with Neem oil. Now, same thing. I haven't seen any ants, so I don't think they are aphids, but they certainly are harming the tree leaves. They are mostly on the bottoms of the leaves, but also some on the tops of them.

Whitefly, probably. They lay eggs and these hatch in about 2 weeks, so seems that's what's happening.
Guess you need to apply what you use more than once.

Best lookup how to fight whitefly, here's one site with good info:
www.saferbrand.com/advice/insect-library...all-about-whiteflies

Also check your other plants.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ivan Mann, Tropfrog

Regular as clockwork 4 years 4 months ago #54787

• Hansen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 86

It was the same last year, except I sprayed with Safer Soap, and the year before alcohol.

What else is there to do?

I know what works since i tried the same. But since you never respond to my advices for you, I really don't think you need help.
You should probably respond to people in the future, when they are trying to help you. What you are doing is a little rude.

Last edit: Post by Hansen.

Regular as clockwork 4 years 4 months ago #54788

• lucR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 487
i have had white fly on my tomatoes in my greenhouse for as long as i can remember. Until the year i also planted some basil in the greenhouse, and no more whitefly, gone. Havent had them since..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ivan Mann, Tropfrog

Regular as clockwork 4 years 4 months ago #54791

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Interesting. I had a huge basil plant out doors, brought it inside at the same time, and it dwindled down to nothing and died. The white flies appeared after that. I think the problem was that I watered it on the same schedule as the trees - every other day.

Maybe I will look for another basil and see if watering it more often works.

Regular as clockwork 4 years 4 months ago #54792

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I know what works since i tried the same. But since you never respond to my advices for you, I really don't think you need help.
You should probably respond to people in the future, when they are trying to help you. What you are doing is a little rude.

I don't see a reply from you about anything. Did I miss something?

Regular as clockwork 4 years 4 months ago #54793

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The other trees are fine. Inside there is a ficus and a jaboticaba and both of them seem immune to these problems. I will look at the jaboticaba closer.

The azaleas outside were having a similar problem, and I had the neem oil for that. We found lace wings on them, but the article here says the lace wings eat the whiteflies, so whiteflies may may be the problem there, too. I wonder if they were on the baobab outside but just not as much of a problem. Next summer I will watch it carefully.

I went to amazon, typed "Safer brand sti" and amazon filled in "cky whitefly traps" so some others are having the same problem. They are yellow. Maybe I will draw some red and green designs on them and pretend they are Christmas tree ornaments.

Regular as clockwork 4 years 4 months ago #54797

• Hansen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 86

I don't see a reply from you about anything. Did I miss something?

I often gave you advices in your threads. But I never got one single respons from you.

Regular as clockwork 4 years 4 months ago #55030

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Ohhh.. Ivan. You better watch out now!

Before you know it you also have Hansen stalking you in private messaging!

Regular as clockwork 4 years 4 months ago #55031

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791
Hm. Interesting. I try to give advice too, but I really have no idea if people respond or not. I mean, ofcourse I do know it when people do respond, but I don't know it when they don't. I don't go looking up my posts to check that.

• Page: