Bonsai forum

Collected Scots Pine Pinus Sylvestris

• Artmyth
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 2

Collected Scots Pine Pinus Sylvestris was created by Artmyth

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #2084
I used to live in a rural setting outside of a nearby town, My house hasn't moved but the town has... In what were fields and bushes we now have development. Bulldozers will be moving in again soon to clear more lots, so even though it is September and winter is very quickly approaching I went out and collected some small Scots pine today - hoping they will make it through the winter under a bed of mulch. They aren't spectacular but I think one has a lot of potential. I collected three pics ar eof a medium sized one about a meter high (3 feet)
by Artmyth

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193

Replied by manofthetrees on topic Re: Collected Scots Pine Pinus Sylvestris

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #2092
very nice hope it survives...i have no luck recently with yamadori

if it was my tree the 3rd pic would be my start that long branch has some awsome character and the 3rd branch ias already on its way to being an apex
by manofthetrees

• Artmyth
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 2

Replied by Artmyth on topic Re: Collected Scots Pine Pinus Sylvestris

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #2093
Yeah I was thinking of that, that's about half way up, there's some nice curves to the trunk - I envision a nice literati potential.

I was out today again and found an old Crataegus Hawthorn,not sure what variety yet lol and a couple of other very interesting shrubs, which I have yet to identify, I will try to air layer the hawthorn, one tree is very old the daughter who is now in her 70's of the original owners of the land said they used to pick Hawberries and other fruit in that area.

I will try some air layering on it this spring, hopefully I can convince the developers to avoid it till fall.
by Artmyth