Bonsai forum

My 2nd attempt.

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic My 2nd attempt.

Posted 7 years 8 months ago #24305

eangola wrote: Had no idea. But did some quick research, and found a few pictures and articles. Seems like some people have tried? probably a waste of time.... but if OP wants to experiment, here is this article:
homeguides.sfgate.com/can-bonsai-avocado-plant-91711.html
No idea if this "homeguide" is realistic, and you might not end up with a Bonsai because of the coarse growing of the avocado.

Just starting with the author of the article:
Julie Richards is a freelance writer from Ohio. She has been writing poetry and short stories for over 30 years, and published a variety of e-books and articles on gardening, small business and farming. She is currently enrolled at Kent State University completing her bachelor's degree in English.

Obviously NOT schooled in bonsai. The tre in the article is not an avocado tree. Which is natural, as the species is unsuitable. Google images of avocado bonsai and you will not find any realistic bonsai. You know better than this. Why are you stimulating people to continue with a species that is very unsuitable?

In any case. Even practizing techniques is not a very good idea. Get a species that is suitable. And as you practice, you are actualy pushing towards a result. This will make you focus more on doing things right.
by leatherback

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eangola
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 82

Replied by eangola on topic My 2nd attempt.

Posted 7 years 8 months ago #24309

leatherback wrote: Obviously NOT schooled in bonsai. The tre in the article is not an avocado tree. Which is natural, as the species is unsuitable. Google images of avocado bonsai and you will not find any realistic bonsai. You know better than this. Why are you stimulating people to continue with a species that is very unsuitable?

My goal was not to stimulate anyone to grow avocado Bonsai... but, I guess I did. You're right, there's no point trying to grow this as Bonsai. There is nothing to argue here.
Last Edit:7 years 8 months ago by eangola
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by eangola.

• Bignose780
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by Bignose780 on topic My 2nd attempt.

Posted 7 years 8 months ago #24312
Thanks!
by Bignose780

• Bignose780
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by Bignose780 on topic My 2nd attempt.

Posted 7 years 8 months ago #24459
I will give up on this tree because it is not worth my time.

I will try to find another tree that I can learn with .
by Bignose780