Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

How do you water a bonsai that has a Jin or Shari? 6 years 6 months ago #35857

• Voortuin
  • Voortuin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi guys and gals on this forum,

My name is Bart and I have a Ficus Microcarpa Ginseng for the last 2 years. It hasn't died on me, so i'm going strong but it has a semi/dead part on it i want to maby treat into deadwood.
So for the main question: How do you water a tree that has deadwood on it. I could not find any info on it online. To me i find if i water a dead part of a tree that part will rot instead of turn beautiful and white. Scoring it -> drying it -> treat it -> never make it wet?

Also: Looking at video's I think i like the Red maple the best. It's a gorgeous tree that i like to aquire in the future.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How do you water a bonsai that has a Jin or Shari? 6 years 6 months ago #35858

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Ficus Microcarpa Ginseng for the last 2 years. It hasn't died on me, so i'm going strong but it has a semi/dead part on it i want to maby treat into deadwood

This is not done on Ficus Ginseng (and if it is a garden center Ficus Ginseng, the one with the monstrous roots, it 's not really a bonsai either).

How do you water a tree that has deadwood on it

Exactly the same way as one that doesn't have deadwood on it.

if i water a dead part of a tree that part will rot instead of turn beautiful and white

It will not turn beautiful and white by itself. For this, on evergreens, we use jin seal. Again, on Ficus, this isn't done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: