Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Carving 7 years 3 months ago #28450

• RonaldKelly
  • RonaldKelly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have a perfect tree for carving. It was planted in this deep pot because I do not have the space to put it in the ground. It was potted about 6 years a go. It started rotting on this side of the trunk. It finely occurred to me to carve it. I do no know how, nor do I know anyone that has done any carving. I am hoping someone here that knows of beginner videos or tutorials that can help me with the project.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carving 7 years 3 months ago #28452

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 853
What makes you think that this species whatever it is is suitable for carving? It is a deciduous species and most do not look right carved, there are exceptions but not many. There are two ways to carve, hand tools and power tools. I would not be a good idea for you to do either without help from an experienced person. Watching videos will not help. The tree you have has not been styled or pruned in any way for a long time and needs sorting first before any other work is done. You need to think about it before doing work.

Carving 7 years 3 months ago #28453

• RonaldKelly
  • RonaldKelly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
The has been worked before, it was trimmed hard in the spring. It is a very healthy tree. Well watered and fertilized

Carving 7 years 3 months ago #28454

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
I would for now focus onbranching, roots and getting that sorted. After that you can look at the deadwood. You probably do not have to carve at all. I think this wod will slowly detoriatewithout any help.

• Page: