• Page:

TOPIC:

New A. palmatum 5 years 11 months ago #40078

• Felidae
  • Felidae's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 236

If it’ll be confirmed from the nursery, can I treat with enrofloxacil or marbofloxacil? About trees, I’m not sure the dilution...

im not quite sure if those chemicals would be suited for trees but this is what i use
www.houseofbonsai.com/collections/chemic...infuse-fungicide-1pt

i dilute 1tablespoon to 1gal of water.

Thank you! Useful infos. If it’s a fungal disease, I’ll try to find a similar product in my area, but if it’s Pseudomonas, antibiotics needed.

The enrofloxacin and marbofloxacil are antibiotic designed for animals, most effective against gram negative bacteria, like Pseudomonas. I’m almost certain that won’t work on trees, but I like to ask, maybe someone already gave a try for them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crent89

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New A. palmatum 5 years 11 months ago #40087

• Felidae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I was just thinking. This cannot be happened during the air layering of the tree?

Last edit: Post by Felidae.

New A. palmatum 5 years 11 months ago #40096

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Your maple has just some algea growin on the trunk causing it to stay wet longer. The fungi discussed is INSIDE the trunk. So you have the normal bark and the barkitself slowly start to change colour. I see nothing of the sort here.

Seems like a healthy tree. I would doubt the deshojo, but maybe it has been in the shade. You would expect very red new growth.See a branch of mine for comparison:

For now, focus on keeping this healthy. Consider thinning out the leaves that are on the strong growing shoots, so light can enter the inside of the canopy, giving the weak shoots a chance to grow.
I am not sure whether you have a big chop in the future. I would probably keep it like this for now, or take it to the club. From a 2D picture styling suggestions are tricky, especially when in leaf..

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Felidae

New A. palmatum 5 years 11 months ago #40101

• Felidae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Your maple has just some algea growin on the trunk causing it to stay wet longer.

Thank you :) That had the highest possibility.

The fungi discussed is INSIDE the trunk. So you have the normal bark and the barkitself slowly start to change colour.

Thank you! Good info!
(Now I’m just really interested what kind of fungi, cause we talking all a long about a bacteria and fungi killer products. )

I would doubt the deshojo, but maybe it has been in the shade. You would expect very red new growth.See a branch of mine for comparison.

It was in the shade. In that part of Switzerland we can get really strong sun and really cold in the same spring day. I assume with all of that tree (according some priced beauties) the nursery just stay in the safe side with the young ones and keep them protected all springtime.
Here the new, red growth:

This image is hidden for guests.

For now, focus on keeping this healthy. Consider thinning out the leaves that are on the strong growing shoots, so light can enter the inside of the canopy, giving the weak shoots a chance to grow.
I am not sure whether you have a big chop in the future. I would probably keep it like this for now, or take it to the club. From a 2D picture styling suggestions are tricky, especially when in leaf..

Thank you! That’s something what I really needed :)
I’ve planned to thinning out a little bit now, do some structural in the autumn and repot in the next spring. I didn’t ask when was the last repot, but it’s a young, 13yo tree and I’m sure they didn’t done the work in this year. (I’m a data addict.. 13yo, sapling originated to Japan, exported to Italy from where imported to Switzerland, and there they started the work with)
I won’t try to make something fancy, I leave that for the more experienced hands for now. I thing it’ll be enough fun to build some ramification.

New A. palmatum 5 years 11 months ago #40113

• Felidae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Should I take care of those now, or I can wait till autumn?

This image is hidden for guests.

Last edit: Post by Felidae.

New A. palmatum 5 years 11 months ago #40120

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
I do this sort of work when I see it. Which is not always ideal. But I have too many trees and do forget the odd job if I just leave it there.. But leaving stubs to die-off first and cleaning up later in winter is common practice. Just depends on what you prefer I suppose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Felidae

Last edit: Post by leatherback.
  • Page: