Price estimation

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Price estimation was created by Carter81

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50164
I found this bonsai on a local classified adds website, i am rather fond of it, however the seller is asking for offers. what would be a fair price? also any ideas on species?
by Carter81

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Replied by Clicio on topic Price estimation

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50173
Very nice juniper. There is something weird circling the trunk base, can't see clearly in this picture. Around 150 Euro?
by Clicio

Replied by Auk on topic Price estimation

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50177

Carter81 wrote: any ideas on species?

If you do not know this is a juniper, and looking at your first posts, I would wait buying a tree like this until you have more knowledge and experience.
I know you like it, but there will be others that you will like. Do not rush it.
by Auk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Replied by Clicio on topic Price estimation

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50179

Auk wrote: I would wait buying a tree like this. Do not rush it.

Auk is right.
This is a good juniper and we all would be very sad if were to die.
by Clicio

Replied by Felidae on topic Price estimation

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50198
The price depends where you live.
by Felidae

Replied by leatherback on topic Price estimation

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50202
That being said.. Anything in the 200-250E would be a good deal in my whereabouts
Last Edit:4 years 10 months ago by leatherback
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by leatherback.

Replied by Auk on topic Price estimation

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50210

Felidae wrote: The price depends where you live.

There are some other factors, like the seller, the occasion and the people buying. No bonsai grower would ever buy this. Others might (this was on a Japan market in Leiden, today): Seems the price goes up depending on the expected gullability of the buyers.

This image is hidden for guests.
by Auk

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Price estimation - Bonsai forum

Bonsai forum

Replied by leatherback on topic Price estimation

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50237
I think someone in LEiden needs a good slap in the face.
by leatherback

Replied by Felidae on topic Price estimation

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50242
O.o
I thought my neighbor nursery is expensive.. To be honest I won’t give 80 bucks for this Juniper.
That’s the free market pricing and some profit hungry entities.
by Felidae

Replied by Carter81 on topic Price estimation

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50277
i live in milan so unfortunately expect the price to be on the higher end of the scale, im interested to see how peoples predictions compare to the sellers. of course i was aware it is a juniper, but was asking about the species (in order to attain some more specific information), surely juniper is no more a species than a fish snake or monkey?
by Carter81