Price estimation

• Felidae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 236

Replied by Felidae on topic Price estimation

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50280
Aw, sorry Carter!
Not the juniper you posted I speak about. The juniper what Auk posted is terrible and the price is outrageous...

If Milan, let’s say you have around the same prices what I have here at Lausanne.
I think from the picture, it’s not a small tree. Maybe could hit the 600 range from shop and 200 from hand.
Last Edit:4 years 10 months ago by Felidae
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Felidae.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carter81

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Replied by Auk on topic Price estimation

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50281

Carter81 wrote: i live in milan so unfortunately expect the price to be on the higher end of the scale, im interested to see how peoples predictions compare to the sellers

These predictions no doubt will often be much lower than what the seller thinks he can sell 'm for...

but was asking about the species (in order to attain some more specific information), surely juniper is no more a species than a fish snake or monkey?

The comparison isn't exactly correct, but you're right. The Genus is juniper. The species... it's a scale type juniper, I'm going to have to guess it's a Chinese juniper. I don't know which variety.
Last Edit:4 years 10 months ago by Auk
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Auk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carter81

• Carter81
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 3

Replied by Carter81 on topic Price estimation

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50283

Felidae wrote: If Milan, let’s say you have around the same prices what I have here at Lausanne.
I think from the picture, it’s not a small tree. Maybe could hit the 600 range from shop and 200 from hand.

Lausanne... what a beautiful place to live. i hope to do some trekking in Switzerland this summer.

is there really such a vast price rage between private sellers and businesses, that is incredible. this discussion is really beginning to give me the impression that people selling trees just price them however they see fit.
by Carter81

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Replied by Auk on topic Price estimation

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50285

Carter81 wrote: is there really such a vast price rage between private sellers and businesses, that is incredible. this discussion is really beginning to give me the impression that people selling trees just price them however they see fit.

I think there's not such a vast difference between private sellers and businesses, but there certainly is a huge price difference between certain private sellers and certain businesses.

In the past, I regularly checked "marktplaats" (online marketplace) and it's amazing what certain people think their plants are worth.

I'll try and find some examples later.
Last Edit:4 years 10 months ago by Auk
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Auk.

• Carter81
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 3

Replied by Carter81 on topic Price estimation

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50288
the 600euro spindly juniper paints a picture! i wonder if people are paying these vastly inflated prices or if its just a cycle perpetuating itself, people seeing overpriced trees and justifying pricing their own similarly.
by Carter81