Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

New to bonsai first batch of collections 4 years 2 months ago #55636

• Boneshigh
  • Boneshigh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1
Hi! On new years eve as I was buying stuff with my wife at the market I stumbled upon a few bougainvillea bonsai on the side of the road. Out of curiosity I went closer to look, the vendor, asked me if I was interested to buy. Not interested, I told her that I am not in to finished product but was looking for some raw materials for bonsai. She gladly called her husband and introduced us while telling him what I just told her, so the husband took me out back of the their small shanty store and there I found out that the husband collects bonsai materials in the near mountain. So long story short, my interest in starting bonsai finally sparked and I purchased two trees from him. I told myself that it's probably a good thing to do to start the year with this hobby. Anyway, I still don't know what to do yet with these two, although from YouTube videos that I have watched I have a slight idea on what to make of them.

I have posted photos of the two trees and the first one is a Antidesma bunius and the second one is a Murraya paniculata. Feel free to give some suggestions, looking for some people to converse with and learn from.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to bonsai first batch of collections 4 years 2 months ago #55642

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549
The stump is great, but very difficult if you think building it in a short time.
Thick trunk to be grown into a bonsai over the years and much carving afterwards.
Nice project!
Ah, I don't know any of those two species, so I can't give you more specific advice, sorry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: