Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Checking condition of my fukien tea cutting 3 years 9 months ago #60757

• prongs
  • prongs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1
Hello everyone
I was pruning my fukien tea about last month and my mom told me to put a cutting in water so it will root and we can have a new plant. I didn't really know how and I was expecting nothing, I just did it because there was no cost :D
Anyway after about a month I noticed this little white root alike growths. I attached the photos. I wanted to know if it is really working now or it's a failure since it was a month so far. And if it worked so far then what should I do next? How can I tell it's the time to plant it into a pot, Thank you everyone.
All I did was put this in water and changed the water every other day and it was in bright kitchen but no direct or window sunlight.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Checking condition of my fukien tea cutting 3 years 9 months ago #60759

• lucR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 487
Yup, as fas as I can see on my cell phone that are roots. Bit still too small , so keep doing what you are doing until there are more and bigger/longer

Checking condition of my fukien tea cutting 3 years 8 months ago #61314

• Caryboy
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thanks received: 1
those look to be the start of roots. keep it in the water longer until the root things get more and a little longer. i potted a ficus cutting that had 2 tiny roots, and it is still alive and looks like it grew a little, but ficus are bullet proof. it looks like you should have some usable roots soon though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: prongs

• Page: