Bonsai forum

Sageretia Theezans (Bird Plum)

• Leslie
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7

Replied by Leslie on topic Re: Sageretia Theezans (Bird Plum)

Posted 12 years 4 months ago #2839
Thanks Angie. :)

I think you're right about letting the back two grow wild...however, I'm thinking the one needs more branches lower down on the trunk? I'm still quite inexperienced in all this and when it comes to trimming/pruning/styling my own little trees I am so unsure of what the next step is to take for fear of killing them. I've read the basics over and over again but I am really challenged at recalling information. It's so frustrating :unsure:

I must get reading up on creating shohin. I was reading a book this morning and it says that shohin must be kept in tiny pots. Now I'm not so sure my transplanting them into standard 4" pots was the right thing to do. :pinch: Uuugh!
by Leslie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• aklister71
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 2

Replied by aklister71 on topic Re: Sageretia Theezans (Bird Plum)

Posted 12 years 4 months ago #2842
Shohin -- from what I understand, that is a pretty good move to get the trunk to grow. Once the trunk reaches the desired width, slowly move it into a smaller pot -- inch by inch. :dry:

.. That's what I read anyway ... But I will experience that transition with you. :lol:
Last Edit:12 years 4 months ago by aklister71
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by aklister71.

• Leslie
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7

Replied by Leslie on topic Re: Sageretia Theezans (Bird Plum)

Posted 12 years 4 months ago #2844
Hmmm...just found this webisite on shohin. Have not yet checked it out deeply, but this fellow's work with shohin comes highly recommended.

www.shohin-europe.com/index.htm
by Leslie