Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Prunus Serrulata (Sakura Cherry Blossom) and Wisteria Floribunda ( Wisteria) 1 year 5 months ago #78470

• CarolF4
  • CarolF4's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 2
Has anyone here tried raising these species from their seeds? I have seeds coming from Japan on both of them. Looks like the Wisteria will not take as long as the Sakura to grow. I am just asking to see who has had any experience with them?
I have Fukien Tea and Ginseng ficus plants. I have not tried seeds yet, but the plants they will grow into are lovely.

I live in the Frankfort, KY area-Zone 6 . The new plants can be raised outdoor and indoor as well. I have been talking with the Nursery people in Japan on them and they said I should have no problem. I am looking forward to this adventure.

Carol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Prunus Serrulata (Sakura Cherry Blossom) and Wisteria Floribunda ( Wisteria) 1 year 5 months ago #78474

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1352
Both are temperate decidious species and should be grown outdoors all year round. Both of them is fully hardy to your area and should not need any winter protection. Both of them should be sown in spring after stratification or now outdoors for a natural stratification.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: