• Page:

TOPIC: Poet Jasmine (or common Jasmine)

Poet Jasmine (or common Jasmine) 6 years 5 months ago #3120

Hi Everybody,

I bought a Jasmine plant around the first week of November of this year during my very first visit to a Bonsai Shop. I paid only $5.00 Cdn. for it because it was a bit sickly looking. I quickly checked the leaves, etc. at the check-out counter and I couldn't see any bugs. It must have been the type of lighting in the store because when I got my Jasmine home I soon discovered it was full of scale! :ohmy: I hadn't posted this plant previously because it was so shabby looking. :blush: I treated it three times very thoroughly which seemed to kill off the scale however, most of the few existing leaves have curled and dried up. I trimmed off a couple of the branch tips that looked dead and, as a result it stimulated the growth of some new leaves. I was very surprised and quite thrilled to discover two flower buds had formed about a week ago and one of the buds have opened. The perfume is heavenly!

Has anyone here tried or had any success in training the Jasmine as a Bonsai?Here is a photo of the one bloom (which is a little past it's prime) and the second bud which should be opening any day now. Any thoughts or suggestions?

[/color][/i]

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Leslie
  • Leslie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Don't have negative thoughts about things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive, present moment.
  • Page: