• Page:

TOPIC:

Graham Potter 11 years 1 week ago #8393

• Vnolan
  • Vnolan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 17
I found a neat series of videos on YouTube by Graham Potter, (GrahamWPotter is his username), he has a unique style of producing bonsai and does bonsai for a living. (kaizen bonsai is his shop). Anyway, i know a lot of us like to grow from seeds and this is a helpful video that shows how to do it successfully...

Thoughts? Comments?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Graham Potter 11 years 1 week ago #8394

• mikebonsai
  • Thanks received: 1
Thoughts? Well obviously growing them in the ground for a few years is an excellent, if not a necessary method if you want to ever be able to work on your future bonsai tree while you're still alive, haha. I'm currently soaking a few hundred seeds which I'll plant shortly after some of them are done with stratification and such. Can't wait to see them germinate and put on some growth over the next years (if they stay alive of course). I love Graham Potter's videos, they're always full of useful information and tips, but his video quality is lacking sometimes!

Mike

Last edit: Post by mikebonsai.

Graham Potter 11 years 1 week ago #8395

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
Hm.. Similar to what I am doing. However, I try to get some work on the roots done before putting them in the ground, and get a nice nebari more easily.

Graham Potter 11 years 1 week ago #8397

• James May
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 13
Graham Potter is crazy good. I love how patient he is with his videos. He will take 1 year+ to make a demonstration video so you can see the trees progression. He is also a wizard with that dremel tool.

My 3 favorite Bonsai Youtube series are:
Graham Potter
Orlando Bonsai
The Bonsai Art Of Japan

Graham Potter 10 years 5 months ago #9918

• michaelj
  • Thanks received: 2
My favorite YouTube channels are: Bjorvala Bonsai Studio, GrahamWPotter, OrlandoBonsaiTV, Dallas Bonsai, mikbonsai, chasnsx and ellwoodbonsai

For fellow novice to intermediate hobbyists, I kind of like Johnny Bonsai and TheBonsaiStudent.

For weak videos or downright bad advice, try bonsai9723 (the "new easy method" sphagnum moss guy) and BONSAI HUNTERS.

Graham Potter 10 years 5 months ago #9921

• chrisv
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 22
Graham Potter has really nice video's although I think he should do some more without deadwood. Some video's he's carving 2/3 of the vid.
But nice results nevertheless.

Bjorvala is my favorite The bonsai art of japan movies have so much usefull information in it. Really nice of them to share information they learn in Japan!

Graham Potter 10 years 5 months ago #9924

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 850
Well, by far the quickest way to get marerial grown to work on is th grow in the ground. any other way is slow in comparison. work can be done whilst the tree is growing in the groumd. I have a Hornbeam that grew over 4 feet this year, and a Trident Maple the grew over 3 feet.

• Page: