Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

cherry seedlings 8 years 8 months ago #16747

• Lee Beckett
  • Lee Beckett's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 5
hi guys, i tried to grow some cherry trees from seeds i bought online around 2 years ago with no success, i found 6 of those seeds still in the packet in my green house last week a tried again(not expecting any results) but they have started to sprout in the fridge already, could anyone give me some advice what to do next to ensure they survive please!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

cherry seedlings 8 years 8 months ago #16753

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Not sure where you are located, North/South hemisphere..?
I have prunus mume seeds which I sowed last winter. They are still germinating, with 2 more plants showing this weekend, although we are halfway through summer here. I intend to just leave them in the seeding tray, and place the lot in the greenhouse when winter hits. The young ones have very little time left (in Northern hemisphere) to become established and build reserves for winter. So in my case, I have the seedling flat in full sun, and it received light fertiliser every week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee Beckett

cherry seedlings 8 years 7 months ago #16950

• Lee Beckett
  • Lee Beckett's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 5
thanks leatherback, the 2 seeds that germinated turned to a green jelly, then died. the rest are still in the fridge they look healthy so ill leave them for now, i live in the falkland islands, so right down south! its almost spring time.

• Page: