Bonsai forum

Ficus Religiosa bonsai help

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Replied by Auk on topic Ficus Religiosa dying branches

Posted 8 years 2 months ago #18751

codeman_11901 wrote: I'm not trying to be rude, just curious, but is there an alterior motive to your questions? I have been skimming the forum for a while and typically don't post anything because there are several people on here that know much more than I do, yourself included.

I'm just being curious myself. Advising to get a meter alone doesn't seem helpful to me, so I'm asking how to use it.
I do have one myself - got it as a present - but to be honest, I'm not using it. One reason is that it is too large for most of my pots. Just wondering how you use it and if it works for you.

I have managed to keep a few trees alive for about two and a half years but by definition I doubt they are bonsai.

Keeping them alive is the most important thing...
Last Edit:8 years 2 months ago by Auk
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Auk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• codeman_11901
  • Thanks received: 5

Replied by codeman_11901 on topic Ficus Religiosa dying branches

Posted 8 years 2 months ago #18752
I see. I don't have one myself, so I'm speaking from research rather than experience. Everything I have seen online would lead me to believe that you would use it as I described, and unless I'm mistaken, most of the probes are intended to be completely plunged into the soil, so you would want it as far in the substrate as possible but For most bonsai pots, it wouldn't be completely plunged into the substrate. It's a best guess / guideline for watering rather than a go-to method. It will get you in the ballpark but much more than that, I can't say.
by codeman_11901

• codeman_11901
  • Thanks received: 5

Replied by codeman_11901 on topic Ficus Religiosa dying branches

Posted 8 years 2 months ago #18753
I just noticed the second comment you made. I would have to agree with you there :)
by codeman_11901