Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Ming Aralia 7 years 10 months ago #22831

• ajones
  • ajones's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Just received a ming aralia (Polyscias fruticosa)(indoor bonsai). Any suggestions before i repot and begin with these. I am doing one with my son and this seemed to be an easy (supposed to be) indoor bonsai for him. I just want to make sure i do it correctly. They are only about 4-5" in height

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ming Aralia 7 years 10 months ago #22833

• brkirkland22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 128
I haven't used the species before, so can only give this advice: Research as much as you can before you do anything.
This has mostly to do with how to keep your tree alive. How you prune, repot, wire, fertilize, etc. should be in accordance with how the tree grows. In a brief search, looks as if they're slow growers & don't need much fertilizer. Full sun. Warm humid conditions. For inside, this could mean a very well lit bathroom or kitchen window. Or if you live in a tropical region, outside full time. If you're not, then outside only during the warmer months.
For pruning, temperate trees are best repotted in the spring, but tropicals, such as this may be repotted most any time as long as the tree is in good health. Leatherback or IndoAndreas may be better suited to discuss tropicals.
Basic quick info: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyscias_fruticosa

Ming Aralia 7 years 10 months ago #22836

• ajones
  • ajones's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Than you!

• Page: