Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Yamadori 7 years 2 months ago #28904

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

One would assume that those prerequisites are in place.

Next time, check previous posts of the person asking ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yamadori 7 years 2 months ago #28907

• gary-BE196
  • Thanks received: 1
I see, that pre-checking is appropriate, especially in this case. Yet, I do hope what little I shared will have been of benefit to someone. This is the first time my being on this forum b.t.w.

Yamadori 7 years 2 months ago #28908

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

I see, that pre-checking is appropriate, especially in this case. Yet, I do hope what little I shared will have been of benefit to someone.

I found it interesting (though not directly useful for me as I'm not in the area).
I wonder why you selected that juniper. It doesn't seem to have much tapering, the trunk isn't very thick, the foliage seems sparse and there doesn't seem to be much to work with. This is NOT meant as criticism - it only indicates that I wouldn't be sure what to do with such a tree. Would be interesting to learn your view (but for that you'd better open your own topic, we shouldn't be hijacking this one). Would be nice to have some real bonsai talk on this forum.

Last edit: Post by Auk.

Yamadori 7 years 2 months ago #28930

• Zac__50
  • Zac__50's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
@auk I knew what a Fukien tea was. I went out to buy one and it came with a care package labelled FUKIEN TEA. My other tree (which I am not going to give up on) was a plant that I picked up when I was only 8 or nine and have now had it for 6 years. I didn't really care if it was good" material", as I was just a child and had no idea what makes a Bonsai. I do hope you realize how presumptuous, rude, and condescending your posting comes across as. As an experienced Bonsai "artist" one would assume that you would be interested in nurturing others interest in "the art". However; The posts I have read of yours, in response to "amateurs" questions, have been aggressive (as you were with me). I hope you consider this before you post next time. Do note that the person in question, on the other screen, may not be a complete imbecile, and take the position of a novice until you learn of their prior knowledge.

Last edit: Post by Zac__50.

Yamadori 7 years 2 months ago #28931

• Zac__50
same goes for @leatherback

Yamadori 7 years 2 months ago #28932

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

The posts I have read of yours, in response to "amateurs" questions, have been aggressive

Unfortunately, I cannot convey emotions in my posts but I can assure you there is no aggression in my answers.

You did not know a Fukien tea has white dots on its leaves. You know very little about bonsai. You do not know what it takes to collect a Yamadori, how to take care for it and how to train it. I'm not even sure if you know what a Yamadori actually is.
If I state you should not be collecting them, that's not condescending, it's just logical thinking. I'm not even trying to collect such trees myself (though I do buy them from someone experienced, who does collect them, pots them, cares for 'm, and sells them when they're ready to be sold).

I recommend you start with nursery material, keep it alive, train it, gain more knowledge and experience, before diving into the far more advanced stuff.

Last edit: Post by Auk.

Yamadori 7 years 2 months ago #28938

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

same goes for @leatherback

Well, thank you too sir. If you think I am not helpfull on this forum, I wonder what you have actually read.

Last edit: Post by leatherback.

Yamadori 7 years 2 months ago #28950

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I picked up when I was only 8 or nine and have now had it for 6 years

Oops. I should have taken your age into consideration. Lucky you. You have the time to learn, practice grow and train great bonsai :)

Yamadori 7 years 2 months ago #28954

• Zac__50
Thank you @auk!!

• Page: