• Leslie
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7

Where Did Everyone Go? was created by Leslie

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #1117
Hey Gang! Where are you? :huh:
I feel like I'm experiencing de ja vous! This place has been wild over the past couple of weeks and now?......well, it's just spooky! :dry:

Hello? J? Hannah? Keith? Lance? bbf? Youri? Oscar? anybody? It's kinda lonesome out here all by myself. :whistle: Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Just missin' ya! ;)
by Leslie
The topic has been locked.
  • BassandBonsai
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by BassandBonsai on topic Re: Where Did Everyone Go?

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #1121
Hiya Leslie. I got grounded for a few days. I have a summer project for Language due the first day of school, and I've kind of been blowing it off. :whistle: I'm technically not supposed to be on the computer right now, but I just couldn't keep myself away! It's just after midnight where I am, and everyone else's asleep. ;) I'll try to keep up once school starts, but my posting might go from once a day to once a week.
by BassandBonsai
  • leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic Re: Where Did Everyone Go?

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #1127
Busy programming a website (DutchDegrees.nl) and shooting video's for the new students, which should be arriving in a couple of weeks. Time is running out here!

Also, I find that the information I look for in a forum is not really here yet. As I mentioned in another thread: The forum would improve a lot by trying to get some more experienced bonsai-fans on the site. Currently there is a lot of overly friendly encouraging, but hardly people with experience & knowledge. So for me the forum does not bring a lot of info to the table where I go and say 'Oh that is a great tip, wouldn't have thought of that'. Which kind-a defeats the prupose of the forum for me.
Last Edit:6 years 7 months ago by leatherback
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Oscar.
  • joncoh101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 3

Replied by joncoh101 on topic Re: Where Did Everyone Go?

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #1130
Guys i will ask my two bonsai mentors to join this site. They are very knowledgeable with the art of Bonsai and have been doing it for many years
by joncoh101
  • Leslie
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Replied by Leslie on topic Re: Where Did Everyone Go?

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #1131
Hello bonsai friends! :cheer:

Hannah...I keep forgetting that people have school and work. I'm retired on a disability pension so I have a little more time on my hands. As for being on the computer at midnight...that's close to when I was on lastnight. Psssst...I won't tell a soul, ok? :P

Jelle...ahhh, so you teach? Wonderful! You have your hands full with prep work. We have Oscar and Youri who are experienced and possibly others whom I am not yet aware of. As for we less knowledgable and unexperienced...why not give us try, we might surprise you now and then!;)

Joncoh...thanks! That would be wonderful! You're very fortunate to have *two* mentors to guide you along in your bonsai journey. :)

Thank you all for letting me know you're still around.

Leslie
by Leslie
  • Oscar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thanks received: 291

Replied by Oscar on topic Re: Where Did Everyone Go?

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #1135
@Joncoh, thanks, very constructive thinking, I like! :)
by Oscar
  • manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193

Replied by manofthetrees on topic Re: Where Did Everyone Go?

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #1141
i'm still here too just been busy.it finally started raining again after more than a month.ive been weeding gardens and working on a new water feature...well im prepareing the area for the water feature.still not sure how its going to go, plus im going to need a couple of backpacks full of rocks to get ot started.
by manofthetrees
  • Leslie
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Replied by Leslie on topic Re: Where Did Everyone Go?

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #1142
Hi Keith! :cheer:

Good to hear from you! I was beginning to think you fell into a hole you dug. You have been very busy indeed. Ahhh...I luv water features; made one myself several years ago using an old, claw foot bathtub that I dug and sank into the ground. I would luv to see some photos of it's progression.........that is, if Oscar permits us to do so. Thanks for dropping in to say hi!

Oscar...are we allowed to use the Bonsai Cafe for less formal / off topic chit-chat? Please?

Leslie
by Leslie
  • BassandBonsai
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by BassandBonsai on topic Re: Where Did Everyone Go?

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #1144
Maybe you could start a water feature thread in the "Related Arts" section? Since it is going to be a part of your garden along with your bonsai.
by BassandBonsai
  • Oscar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thanks received: 291

Replied by Oscar on topic Re: Where Did Everyone Go?

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #1145
I agree; chit-chat in the cafe and somewhat related topics to Bonsai would fit the related arts section!
by Oscar