• Youri1995
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45

Bonsai Pot Collection was created by Youri1995

Posted 12 years 2 months ago #3808
Hi everyone, how are you all doing? :)

I'm busy writing an article about Bonsai potters around the whole world. Bonsai pots are very important on how the whole tree look like, when choosing a wrong pot, the whole tree can look unstable and less beautiful. You have pots big and small, glazed/unglazed in different sizes etc. It's a whole art and some people only collect bonsai pots without doing bonsai as hobby!

I'm curious to see everybody's collection of bonsai pots, I'll let you see my one:

1. A Japanese tokoname pot from the famous potter 'Bigei'. Tokoname is the most famous pottery-area in Japan, there live and have lived many famous potters. The pots are made by an 80years-old woman named Suzumi Hirata (平田涼美). She's most famous for her unglazed pots, glazed pots from her are rare, so I'm happy to have one in my collection. This pot fits very well for a fruiting tree in bunjin (literati)style.

2. This is a cascade pot by Ron de Roo, a potter in Holland. I received this as a gift from him at Noelanders and I like this pot very much! Soon there will be a cascade juniper in it :)

3. On the third picture there are 2 chinese pots buyed at our shop ( www.bonsaishop.nl ) really nice pots, the big one is already in use, the other one is reserved for a cypres. Sorry for the picture, but I didn't have a separate picture of them!

4. The fourth one is a Japanese pot by Fukusen. It's a pot specially made for group-plantings. It's already in use by a group of willows. This pot is not hand-made but mould-made.

I also have 2 blue-glazed chinese pots, those pots where those cheap bonsai are often put in. One is in use.

Another nice pot I have is a green-glazed pot. Friends of mine (also bonsai fans and keepers) buyed about 20 years ago a boxwood bonsai in Taiwan. In that time you could get them with the plane home. This boxwood is still in collection by my friends but is repotted in another pot. This pot I got from them, the glaze is cracked like it's almost falling into pieces. Unfortunately I don't have pictues of this one either so I'll make some new pictures soon!

I become more and more interest in the bonsai pots and my collection is slowly growing :) I'm curious to see your pots!

Have a good weekend!
by Youri1995

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• aklister71
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 2

Replied by aklister71 on topic Re: Bonsai Pot Collection

Posted 12 years 2 months ago #3816
:( unfortunately, I don't have any decent pots yet .. still working on my first tree.

Yours are gorgeous. Once I get settled in Missouri, I hope to get steady with my Bonsai. Again - magnificent collection.

I hope to give you a run for your money once I start gowing to Bonsai conventions.
by aklister71

• Youri1995
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45

Replied by Youri1995 on topic Re: Bonsai Pot Collection

Posted 12 years 2 months ago #3827
Thank you! :) I'm really happy to see both my collection in trees as in pots and tools is growing. Hope to see your collection in the future, be sure to post it here!
by Youri1995