Bonsai forum

Where can I ask questions about this site?

• Bensai
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 2

Where can I ask questions about this site? was created by Bensai

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #4345
Don't really know where this would go - but I think a great idea for this site would be as follows: to have the ability to post a public profile anywhere that displays a users pictures, articles, info, discussions, etc. with a personalized link that could go anywhere. Case in point - I sell bonsai sort of on the side. I also develop websites for a living, so I could create one from scratch that contains everything I need - however, this is such a great site, I would rather simply give people I sell trees to a link to my profile page on Bonsai Empire where they can go and read anything I write, see my pictures, and possibly join the site as well. This would be a great way to grow the community I think as well.

Basically, I want to start writing/submitting articles on care tips and growing tips for where I live. These would e very valuable to the people I sell trees to - and I would love to give them a link to my stuff on Bonsai Empire, which would increase your traffic as well.

Perhaps this is already possible? If not, would it be?
by Bensai

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pinkham
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62

Replied by Pinkham on topic Re: Where can I ask questions about this site?

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #4358
Start a new thread in the bonsai cafe and post a link there.
anyone who wants to go to your site and join can. I don't think this site needs to change. If we want to post tips here...we just do. we don't need to post a link to our site so people can read it there. we just post it here so everyone can simply read it.
by Pinkham

• Oscar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thanks received: 291

Replied by Oscar on topic Re: Where can I ask questions about this site?

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #4359
What exactly are you missing?

You can add a gallery, submit articles, you do have a profile?
by Oscar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pinkham

• Bensai
  • Offline Topic Author

Replied by Bensai on topic Re: Where can I ask questions about this site?

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #4364
Perhaps I wasn't clear.... I like this site the way it is - the only suggestion I had was a way to link to a specific user's content on this site. If I wanted to give someone a link to read Bensai's content on Bonsai Empire, where they could click directly and read just my articles, and see just my pictures under that link - and every other user on this site had the same ability, to post a link to just their own content as sort of a personal portfolio. Would be really cool to use on facebook - if you wanted to show your friends pictures of your trees and articles, etc. I can see something like this increasing membership on this site because of increased interaction. Perhaps there is already a way to do this, and I just don't realize it.
by Bensai

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic Re: Where can I ask questions about this site?

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #4365
by leatherback

• Bensai
  • Offline Topic Author

Replied by Bensai on topic Re: Where can I ask questions about this site?

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #4366
Nice - that's half of it - is there a similar way to directly access a user's articles?
by Bensai