Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

different countries/ different trees? 11 years 6 months ago #7395

• jeroen03
  • jeroen03's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1
the reason i put this topic up is to hear other peoples thoughts of choosing a bonsai in their country. of course there are different climates in some big countries but i mean the trees u can easily grow outside your house.

i live in belgium as some of u know and this country can have some harsh conditions. that is why all the sub/tropical trees need to be moved inside in winter. also trees that are naturly grown in hot (not moist) countrys should be put in a special greenhouse. here i am talking about ficus, sserisa, olea, punica,...

trees that do grow very good here are most conifers and strong decidous trees like juniperus, pinus, picea, ceder, cotoneaster, buxus, carpinus, fagus, acer,...
yes there are many more but that is where u fill in. :D

btw: why do most people adress the tree with its english name and not latin? i think latin names are so much more precise to the species and therefor better for others to understand.

i also added some pictures of our forrests so you could have an idea how it looks like in belgium. (not sure if it will do any good tho ^^)

grts
jeroen

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

different countries/ different trees? 11 years 6 months ago #7404

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
thats cool upstate new york looks like belgium or is it belgium looks like upstate new york :P if i didnt know i would say those pic of the hills with the cows is from were i grew up. pretty much the same speicies here

different countries/ different trees? 11 years 6 months ago #7405

• kittyvlekkie
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 5
here in the netherlands you don't need any pictures to understand, i live near the veluwe(a forest), has a decidous part of the woods and a needle part and NO HILLS AT ALL, highest point in the entire Netherlands is ~230 metres high.

different countries/ different trees? 11 years 5 months ago #7473

• Pinkham
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62
These pictures could easily be Maine. Most of the trees you listed grow wild here.

different countries/ different trees? 11 years 5 months ago #7489

• jeroen03
  • jeroen03's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1
apperently yes. i thought that there would be a bigger difference between distant countries. guess not... or the trees are the same species but not same cultivar. so still difference in grow.
also thought that it could be a fun way to knowing where this forumusers are from.

because this is a forum of the world i think its harder to get some tips on ur trees because of different weatherconditions. this could mean different soil, watering, pruning,...

grts

Last edit: Post by jeroen03.
  • Page: