Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Bonsai & Patience 10 years 11 months ago #9057

• penz
  • penz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi bonsai enthusiasts!

People had asked me before: Which is the tree that would grow faster as a bonsai and I always answer the same: Bonsai is an art of patience so you shouln't look for the one that grows faster but for the tree specie you feel must passionate about ;) . That's why I wrotte an article on the subject:

growabonsai.com/bonsai-the-art-of-patience/

Tell me what you think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bonsai & Patience 10 years 11 months ago #9058

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855
That is interesting, but if the tree does not grow then it will be difficult to style. I am happy to get my trees growing as quickly as possible by adding fertiliser to encourage growth so that it can be styled. Certainly a quicker growing species will be easier to style. For example the Oaks are slow growing and are going to take much longer to style than a Maple, or Larch. I like all of these, and do have them, it still requires the same amount of patience though. I am passionate about all the species I have.
And of course, the older the tree the slower it will be growing.

Bonsai & Patience 10 years 11 months ago #9060

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
i believe this thinking may be slowly being lost with the mentalitly of what i want when i want it our societies are leaning toward it can spread even to bonsai...
the great trees we all admire are developed over decades and sometimes centuries.slower growing builds charactor which growing quickly can not replicate

Last edit: Post by manofthetrees.
  • Page: