Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Auk? 7 years 3 weeks ago #30954

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

AUK pipes up and says...."they are not Bonsai and never will be" so I message the seller and tell him what Auk told me...I then get a lot of irritation from the seller!

Just read this post again, and it really makes me angry.

You should be complaining about people selling things for something they are not. Complain to Ebay that the seller is selling you items other than described. However, I assume there were pictures involved. You did get wahat was on those, so you have no point. Just because you do not know what bonsai is, does not mean Auk was wrong.
Stop blaiming the messenger of bad news. Man up, realize you were wrong and get a better plant next time. That is what learning is about. NOT shielding everyone from the truth because the other person might not like it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GingerBonsai
The topic has been locked.

Auk? 7 years 3 weeks ago #30955

• Enaisio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 67
Amen to all that , it is thanks to Auk , that told me that what I was doing before was not bonsai but killing very young plants or cuttings , that I realized what bonsai really is , it opened up a whole new world ,ok maybe he didn't sugar coat it for me but he isn't my dad and I'm not a child . I also believe that this is the best way to learn , we can't be given all the info on a golden plate , we need to research ourselves and this is great part of the art aswell , if you are told what to do all the time you will only make what you are told to make , if you learn yourself you will make what you wanted to make and create your style and this goes for everything not just bonsai . And I thought Auk was stirring things up , he was actually the one keeping the peace hahaha

Auk? 7 years 3 weeks ago #30964

• Teye01
  • Thanks received: 13
I am so proud of you that you talk behind Auk's back, really manly *slow clap* (sarcastic). He was one of the most experienced bonsaiists on this forum and it is a shame that he is gone. Banned for being honest.
By the way, if you still think you bought a bonsai you took one step ahead in bonsai only to take 5 steps back, but if you realise you bought a mallsai you will have taken six in the right direction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leatherback, GingerBonsai
Last edit: Post by Teye01.

Auk? 7 years 3 weeks ago #30965

• MAST3RFARM3R227
  • Thanks received: 3

He was right though. It is not a bonsai. It is just a ficus with big roots grafted on it.
That does not mean you cannot enjiy it. Bit it has nothing to do with bonsai. So get over it.[/quote

I second that.
Lads you are getting pissed of by people telling you truth, not praising your first wiring, first dig, styling a tiny stick ... come on harden the .... up!
Here is the song for all the little girls on this forum:

One of my favorite bands

Auk? 7 years 3 weeks ago #30966

• MAST3RFARM3R227
  • Thanks received: 3

I am so proud of you that you talk behind Auk's back, really manly *slow clap* (sarcastic). He was one of the most experienced bonsaiists on this forum and it is a shame that he is gone. Banned for being honest.
By the way, if you still think you bought a bonsai you took one step ahead in bonsai only to take 5 steps back, but if you realise you bought a mallsai you will have taken six in the right direction.

You kinds of people will make bonsai a dying art

Auk? 7 years 3 weeks ago #30969

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Hm. And picking fights over everythign is not causing that atmosphere you think? Hm..
If people come to learn, they must be open for alternative views. If they are not, they will not learn. Only when people are willing to lift the shrouds of deception which is commerce, will there be a chance that people realize what bonsai is about. This is NOT kindergarten.

If you read in the posts that all of you are referring to, you will see that pretty much all of them are about the tree. What people in this thread are doing, is degrading persons. I wonder what will make the better lesson.
Last edit: Post by leatherback.

Auk? 7 years 3 weeks ago #30972

• Teye01
  • Thanks received: 13

You hurt my feelings on that, hope you are happy.
If you understand that bonsai is art, then you should also know that some trees aren't.

Auk? 7 years 3 weeks ago #30973

• Enaisio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 67
I don't know why you are saying we are talking behind Auks back , most comments on this post praise him and I think that when he reads it he will enjoy reading it as we are discussing many things that he discussed a lot and most of us agree with his vision and some of us have changed our visions thanks to him.

Auk? 7 years 3 weeks ago #30976

• Madartej21
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 102
I still don't understand what is the reason he is banned. He told newbies that the 1 year old juniper saplings and grafted, ugly ficuses are not bonsais. Thats why? I don't think so. He did not use strong language, he was not even mean. He told them the honest truth with mere simplicity. Then they got hurt because they were not told that they have a prize winner bonsai? Ridiculous.

Auk? 7 years 3 weeks ago #30981

• Irka-Plyushka
  • Thanks received: 2
Unfortunately, not so ridiculous. It's kind of a rule for narrow-minded people, that seem to be not the least part of human population :)