green house

green house - Bonsai forum

Bonsai forum

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.

green house was created by keitaro

Posted 6 years 9 months ago #34354
Hello to be honest I debated for 15 mins if this was a general or tools.

Anyway I need to house my bonsais better

being in japan we have very limited space and is usually surrounded by concrete and shade from house only.

I was looking at a portable green house system. e.g. this one . I need a bigger one though.

Is it a good idea to put in here in summer with shade cloth over it? since it will be in sun with little shade?

Also god for my tropical plants in winter.

Hoping some one has experience housing with these

thanks
by keitaro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Replied by leatherback on topic green house

Posted 6 years 9 months ago #34359
why do you think you need a greenhouse?
by leatherback

Replied by keitaro on topic green house

Posted 6 years 9 months ago #34361
Several reasons.

1 being I have some tropics plants more than I can house inside.
Usually we get about 2 weeks of light snow a year in early feb.

I was hoping that my more hardy bonsai could stay 24x7 in there and put the bougainvillea and other weaker trees out during the day in it.

Also now i sit alot on the ground
Its concrete and a wood deck. So it does get very hot and they get more sun and heat than I want them too.

I was thinking in the summer on the portable greenhouse i take off the plastic covering and replace with shade cloth. And leave 1 side open that will let in full sun for a period of time.

What im not sure of if this will help protect trees better in winter and if in summer a 50% shade cloth would give good protection from burn.

I would like a really nice wood step bench but as mentioned my bonssi are having a really hard time.

So maybe the green house is more beneficial.

Except the bougainvilleas i have which i have defoliated the flowers off 5 times this year they are gowing bannanas in growth.
by keitaro