Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Wanted to show off my plant! 6 years 8 months ago #35088

• X-lem
  • X-lem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
My fiancée (now wife) bought me a Mini Merry Berry Bonsai Kit for Christmas this past year. I planted it and it has been doing exceptionally way. I wanted to share it with you all.

We planted the plant on January 24, 2017. Prior to that we had placed the seeds in the fridge in a damp paper towel. On Feb 11, 2017 the plant began to bud. By March 7, 2017 the sprout had grown slightly more. On May 30, 2017 we repotted the plant. By August 11, 2017 the stock has grown considerably along with several branches.

Sorry I don't think all of the pictures in order but you can guess the order of them.

So this is where it is at! I want to let it grow a bit more and allow the stock to get thicker before I begin to trim and wire it. Your thoughts on direction for future!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted to show off my plant! 6 years 8 months ago #35096

• aewers94
Hi! At this point, just let the plant grow and don't worry about wiring or pruning. It'll take quite some time before it old enough to do anything with. With that being said, it's much too young to be in that bonsai pot. You should place it in a larger pot or in the ground if you're able to allow the root system and the trunk to thicken. The pot it is in now will inhibit its growth.

-Alex

Wanted to show off my plant! 6 years 8 months ago #35179

• X-lem
  • X-lem's Avatar Topic Author
I appreciate the advice! If I replant the plant in a larger pot and it grows how do I then later replant it in a bonsai pot? I would assume that you trim the roots (though I know you can only trim them so much. Less than 30% if my memory serves me correctly).

Wanted to show off my plant! 6 years 8 months ago #35261

• aewers94
I believe there are guides on this website on how to do that. But that is far off for this plant

• Page: