Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Tree Species help 6 years 1 month ago #37378

• PoliticalTreedom
  • PoliticalTreedom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
So i think my bonsai is a bonsai fukian tea. Been sitting here for a while trying to ensure it is. Any experts? This is my first bonsai. I need to solve an issue with it and to do that i need to know for sure this is right. Sadly, the tag only say bonsai which is bologne.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by PoliticalTreedom.

Tree Species help 6 years 1 month ago #37381

• Madartej21
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 102
If we are talking about the tree in your profile picture, it seems to be a mass produced fukien tea sapling with an ugly bend. All of them look like this. Further pictures might ensure this

Tree Species help 6 years 1 month ago #37392

• PoliticalTreedom
  • PoliticalTreedom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Yes, for some weird reason i cant upload pictures to this site. Ugly bend? is this bad? And how do you know if it is dying?

Tree Species help 6 years 1 month ago #37408

• Madartej21
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 102
It is bad because your plant does not qualify as a bonsai. On the other hand, I have one as well, I keep it as a house plant. Nothing special. You need to understand the difference between little saplings and plants and bonsai. If you are really interested in bonsai, read a lot, look through pictures etc

You can find some care guidelines for your plant on this page: www.bonsaiempire.com/tree-species/carmona

They are not easy to keep if you are not in a tropical area. My tree lost all of its leaves several times, but it managed to come back. They don't like dry air, temperature fluctuations, and cold of course. So everything it gets during winter in a heated house.

• Page: