Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

?? hello, bonsai empire! ?? 5 years 9 months ago #42034

• e-babe
  • e-babe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1
good morning, afternoon, or evening!
my name is Julie and I am new to the art of bonsai.
first off, I am a relatively solitary person. however, I feel that I may benefit from participating
in a positive community revolving around my craft, and I decided that this is going to be the day that I do so.

I have basic knowledge of botany (having taken two courses) and intermediate experience in gardening.
in the future, I would like to earn a degree in botany and zoology. right now, I have ample time to
learn from this inspiring discipline. (I am nineteen and still in high school, rest in peace me)

I have always had an inclination to nature, and a fascination for the diversity of plant life.
perhaps the most interesting specimens to me were trees, each with their own phases and life spans.
I love all varieties of trees and have no shortage of material to work with in my area, whether my method being by seed or cutting.

in addition, I am an artist of many mediums, including sketching and pottery. I also have a great fondness
for miniatures, no matter what the subject may be.

these interests seem, to me, a perfect combination. bonsai was always something I have
wanted to partake in, yet I could not find the courage nor patience to even begin.
now, I have the confidence.

already, I have invested my time in books and forums pertaining to horticulture and bonsai. while it feels like a
good start, it is not nearly as effective as being part of a community would be.
I have many questions, and I'm sure that this is the answer.

my melodrama and poetry aside, I would love to meet you all and hear your stories!
consider me a neighbor, not an opponent. let us share wisdom and experience, as this is an oasis of knowledge
for travellers originating from places near and far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by e-babe.

?? hello, bonsai empire! ?? 5 years 9 months ago #42036

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549
Julie, welcome to this Forum.
You can count on me and others to help you out with your trees.
You can start your journey by reading the very helpful info in this website, and following some of the online courses, all very good.
;)

?? hello, bonsai empire! ?? 5 years 9 months ago #42039

• Felidae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 236
Hey Julie :)
Nice to see intelligent starters. I’m sure you’ll like here, and you could get as many useful info as you need (and you could help me with pottery ^^ ).

?? hello, bonsai empire! ?? 5 years 9 months ago #42050

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Welcome Julie!

Good to see you here.
First, unasked for, advice: Ask first, do later. In other words: If you are about to try something on a tree, it helps if you ask advice before you do it, rather than afterwards :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: e-babe

?? hello, bonsai empire! ?? 5 years 9 months ago #42079

• e-babe

Welcome Julie!

Good to see you here.
First, unasked for, advice: Ask first, do later. In other words: If you are about to try something on a tree, it helps if you ask advice before you do it, rather than afterwards :)

thank you for the advice, it makes a lot of sense to me! it makes me uncomfortable to jump right in.
it is going to be tough for me to reach out, but that is something that I am trying to improve on and a forum is a perfect place to practice.

Last edit: Post by e-babe.

?? hello, bonsai empire! ?? 5 years 9 months ago #42080

• e-babe

Hey Julie :)
Nice to see intelligent starters. I’m sure you’ll like here, and you could get as many useful info as you need (and you could help me with pottery ^^ ).

thank, you! I look forward to learning and growing. and I certainly will help you with pottery, though I am rusty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Felidae

?? hello, bonsai empire! ?? 5 years 9 months ago #42081

• e-babe

Julie, welcome to this Forum.
You can count on me and others to help you out with your trees.
You can start your journey by reading the very helpful info in this website, and following some of the online courses, all very good.
;)

thank you so much! (✿´ ᴥ`)

• Page: