Bonsai forum

Do the online courses go on sale?

• morrow
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Do the online courses go on sale? was created by morrow

Posted 4 years 11 months ago #49203
Hi all,
Before anyone jumps to conclusions about the title, I’m in Australia and our dollar sucks.
So i’m wondering if the online courses go on sale ever? I’d like to do most of them.
I’m semi new to the hobby ~5yrs or so on and off. I know the basics from reading/watching/listening and wouldn’t like to start with the basics course but if it’s too basic then I’ll need to jump straight into intermediate, which then starts to add up quickly. The reverse is also true where if I get the intermediate straight up and it’s too advanced for me then I’ll need to go backwards.
Trying to bonsai on a budget.
Please don’t take offence to this post, I know they are professionals and their time costs money as does the production. If I had a lot of money and the ability to pay I definitely would. I don’t even have myself an advanced tree for motivation. All of my trees are young and in training. (I have a couple of trees that at 30yrs ish, but they are very poor quality/unnatural and shouldn’t have bought them all those years ago when I first started getting excited about bonsai)

Cheers

Can supply photos of my disappointments for anyone that’s interested/curious
by morrow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic Do the online courses go on sale?

Posted 4 years 11 months ago #49207
Oscar often offers his courses at a reduced price when they first go online.
I have not seen him offer them at a discount after that.

We are always interested in seeing what people are working on!
by leatherback
The following user(s) said Thank You: morrow

• morrow
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by morrow on topic Do the online courses go on sale?

Posted 4 years 11 months ago #49208
This was the first one I bought, I didn’t pay a lot but I guess I bought it because of its size.
Years later I came to the realisation that it’s just an ornamental ficus that someone put in a small pot and called a bonsai. Being a benji, I know it probably won’t back bud but it’s now just an experimental tree. I’ve got a hillii I could use to graft some branches.
I’ll attach two images. What the tree currently looks like and what i’d Like to work at getting it to, through techniques like what David Cortizas does with his huge ficus branch graft, and possibly air layering at height and training the roots down over the plaiting of the trunks.
Currently got the first trial branch cutting horizontally growing at a height of about 30cm (1ft) to see if I can add the long roots to the trunk when grafting.
This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
by morrow

This message has attachments images.

• Oscar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thanks received: 291

Replied by Oscar on topic Do the online courses go on sale?

Posted 4 years 11 months ago #49265
Hi Morrow,
Thanks for your interest in our courses! We only very rarely do discounts, usually only for a newly launched online course actually. If you're looking to purchase several courses as a bundle, just send me an email using the contact form.
By the way, in each course's curriculum there are a few free previews, so you can see what you are getting in terms of level and detail.
Regards, Oscar
by Oscar