Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

If this was yours what would you do? 4 years 9 months ago #51372

• Balthazar
  • Balthazar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Bought this at a garden centre, gave it a serious trim and style but now i dont know what do. My interest in Bonsai just started so I am learning. I was just wondering what all of you would do if it appeared in your house?? Would you just let it grow for a while? Throw it in the garbage? Do something about he roots? Replant it?

Thanks!!

If this was yours what would you do? 4 years 9 months ago #51378

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Bought this at a garden centre, gave it a serious trim and style but now i dont know what do. My interest in Bonsai just started so I am learning. I was just wondering what all of you would do if it appeared in your house?? Would you just let it grow for a while? Throw it in the garbage? Do something about he roots? Replant it?

Thanks!!

So.. This is a ficus Benjamina, maybe the "too little" variety?
I think you did well with the trim. I can see a certain direction for development. For now, I would let it recover and grow. The trunks can do with a bit of extra thickness, as right now the leaves are large compared to the trunks.

If the weather allows, put ficus outside. They do much better outside than inside. However, as you did a lot of trimming and it probably was indoors when you got it, it is very sensitive to sunlight. So slowly move it from dappled shade towards full sun over a period of weeks. Just like people, plants get sunburn if they all of the sudden are in full sun.

If this was yours what would you do? 4 years 9 months ago #51427

• Balthazar
  • Balthazar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Thanks a lot! Yes It probably is the "too little" variety. Trying to be creative with what I have. I live in Vancouver so it should do pretty well outside in the summer. Its been getting lots of sun inside.

Thanks for your input.
  • Page: