Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

China Doll Plant (Radermachera Sinica) bonsai or not? 4 years 9 months ago #51463

• simplysaid
  • simplysaid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 54
has anyone created a bonsai from this type of plant? I'm curious if it would make a good starter for a young person.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

China Doll Plant (Radermachera Sinica) bonsai or not? 4 years 9 months ago #51585

• simplysaid
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
wow... I'd like to thank everyone for their comments and opinions on this topic. I guess I had higher hopes from people who seem to know a little something about Bonsai. Maybe my heavy sarcasm will draw some response.

China Doll Plant (Radermachera Sinica) bonsai or not? 4 years 9 months ago #51587

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

wow... I'd like to thank everyone for their comments and opinions on this topic. I guess I had higher hopes from people who seem to know a little something about Bonsai. Maybe my heavy sarcasm will draw some response.

Of course it will, and you knew who'se response it would attract!

Probably there's just one reason why noone responded:
No one has experience with them. Google images for this plant combined with the word bonsai, and you'll find... nothing. At least.. nothing that looks like a real bonsai.

That tells you that this plant is not used for bonsai, so it is probably not very suitable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: simplysaid

China Doll Plant (Radermachera Sinica) bonsai or not? 4 years 9 months ago #51589

• lucR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 487
... Top attitude for a young person who only had to google 2 words....

China Doll Plant (Radermachera Sinica) bonsai or not? 4 years 9 months ago #51596

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 603
In Google images I found a sort of bonsaiish one, labelled zimmerpflanze, so the label thinks indoor house plant.

China Doll Plant (Radermachera Sinica) bonsai or not? 4 years 9 months ago #51610

• simplysaid
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Google doesn't show everyone's bonsai. Hence why I resorted to a large forum to ask for more information. You just never know until you ask. I have similar conclusions on Blue Spruce Bonsai. But they are out there. I was also hoping to get knowledge from someone who may have experimented with the species of tree and would aid in me deciding on wasting my time in attempting to create a Bonsai from this type of tree.

China Doll Plant (Radermachera Sinica) bonsai or not? 4 years 9 months ago #51611

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Google doesn't show everyone's bonsai.

If the species is often used, you'll find lots of images. If it's not used so often, you'll find less. If it is hardly used, you will hardly find any and if it is not used, you won't find any.

You won't find any. The images that you do see and that are labelled as bonsai, are not good bonsai.

Hence why I resorted to a large forum to ask for more information.

And no one had answers. As no one uses them for bonsai.

Yes, trying these is a waste of your time. Even if they would be somewhat usable, there are far better species.

China Doll Plant (Radermachera Sinica) bonsai or not? 3 years 1 month ago #66673

• Mikefnb
  • Thanks received: 0
I have recently acquired one of these plants and plan on seeing if I can do anything with it. One thing of note is that one of the trunks in this pot I've acquired is decently thick for a smaller plant. It seems to be very soft wood. This could be why there hasn't been a lot of images of them already styled.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

China Doll Plant (Radermachera Sinica) bonsai or not? 3 years 1 month ago #66675

• lucR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 487
you are answering a post of over a year old from someone that hasn’t been here since then, so probably a waste of time

China Doll Plant (Radermachera Sinica) bonsai or not? 1 year 10 months ago #76825

• Juls0414
  • Thanks received: 1
I have a little China doll bonsai Grove that is doing awesome in training! Probably my healthiest, happiest trees. Using cut and grow method. I love it.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page: