Bonsai forum

Lysiloma Sabicu seed germination

• Bonsaibrandon239
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 3

Lysiloma Sabicu seed germination was created by Bonsaibrandon239

Posted 4 years 3 months ago #55514
I found some seeds yesterday from this lysiloma and I really want to get them to germinate. I've done a lot of research and can't find anything on sacrificing them or just soaking them. If anyone has had experience with this any advice would be great. Gonna do a test run with all the methods I know next.
by Bonsaibrandon239

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic Lysiloma Sabicu seed germination

Posted 4 years 3 months ago #55515
looks like this a tropical species with hard coated seeds.

i would be surprised if stratification is needed but to penetrate the tick seedcoat help would be needed.

where I would start is by overnight soak in water. if the seeds swell upp considerably, you are in business. else, you might need to nick the seedcoat, easiest done with sanding paper. then another overnigjt soak
by leatherback
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio, Bonsaibrandon239

• Bonsaibrandon239
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 3

Replied by Bonsaibrandon239 on topic Lysiloma Sabicu seed germination

Posted 4 years 3 months ago #55520

leatherback wrote: looks like this a tropical species with hard coated seeds.

i would be surprised if stratification is needed but to penetrate the tick seedcoat help would be needed.

where I would start is by overnight soak in water. if the seeds swell upp considerably, you are in business. else, you might need to nick the seedcoat, easiest done with sanding paper. then another overnigjt soak

Thank you for the reply I had them soaking last night and they seem to get a slimy outside once soaked. I will try planting if not I will try and use some sand paper. Thanks for all the help ! Much appreciated !
by Bonsaibrandon239