Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Aqua Bonsai 4 years 2 months ago #55912

• RVMcC
  • RVMcC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I just watched the BE Youtube video on Aqua Bonsai. I tried to access their site, but it says Maintenance Monde (Maintenance Mode). I wasn't able to find anything recent (since 2017) about them online. Are they still in business? I would love to acquire a couple of their growing vessels and fertilizers and try growing some trees this way.

Thanks for any feedback.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Aqua Bonsai 4 years 2 months ago #55916

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

I just watched the BE Youtube video on Aqua Bonsai. I tried to access their site, but it says Maintenance Monde (Maintenance Mode). I wasn't able to find anything recent (since 2017) about them online. Are they still in business?

What is 'their site'? I don't think you mean BE... as that's the site you're on right now. Link about aqua bonsai is here:
www.bonsaiempire.com/blog/aqua-bonsai

So... what site do you mean? The one in the video (which is from 2020)?

There's an instagram link under that video, that has a link to : tokyobonsai.jp and that site is online.

So yeah, I don't think I know what you're looking for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Last edit: Post by Auk.

Aqua Bonsai 4 years 2 months ago #55918

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 603
I looked at the blog link, and I notice that all the trees are very small, which means very young. One could have been five years. This makes me think that it is not a great way to have old trees.

I wonder how to handle a tree that required freezing weather.

It looks like an innovation for others to try.

Aqua Bonsai 4 years 2 months ago #55921

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
At the bottom of the bonsai empire page on aquaponics there is a link to a site in Japan. That gives me maintenance mode.

As I do not grow bonsai in water, I have no idea whether they are in business still. Not sure it is as easy as they make it look, to be honest. Sound a little bit: "Yeah, bonsai are grown from trees which we cut down. Then we grow a new leader and canopy and put the plant in a small pot. That reduces leaves and growth which is how we keep the plants small. "

• Page: