Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Journalist seeking interview subjects for article about bonsai tree community 3 years 7 months ago #62848

• NYCWriter
  • NYCWriter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1
Good day,

My name is Michael Stahl and I'm a journalist in New York City [www.michaelstahlwrites.com]. I'm on assignment from Mel Magazine [www.melmagazine.com], writing an article about individual members of the bonsai tree community.

I'm looking to interview true bonsai tree fans that borderline on obsessive or perhaps even fanaticism. I'd like to know not only why they're terrific but why the trees are particularly great to own now during the pandemic. Yes, I'd also like to know how the interest came about and if there's any "Karate Kid" connection -- sorry, it can't be helped; "Cobra Kai" is a huge show right now and that's part of the inspiration behind the piece.

Regardless, if you look at my work you'll see that I approach my topics with dignity and I will respect my subjects and represent them fairly in the piece. I'm sure there will be a lot more to discuss about the trees that I haven't mentioned here as well, which I look forward to.

If you think you might be a good fit for this article or no someone who would, please reach out to me through my website or at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Can't wait to hear from you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bisti

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Journalist seeking interview subjects for article about bonsai tree community 3 years 7 months ago #62849

• Oscar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thanks received: 291
Just to add, I was chatting with Michael through email and suggested to post here. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Journalist seeking interview subjects for article about bonsai tree community 3 years 7 months ago #62850

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Just to add, I was chatting with Michael through email and suggested to post here. :-)

You told him there might be people on the forum obsessed with bonsai? :woohoo:

Nobody comes to mind tbh :evil: :whistle:

Journalist seeking interview subjects for article about bonsai tree community 3 years 7 months ago #62851

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855
Obsessed? Nah.

Journalist seeking interview subjects for article about bonsai tree community 3 years 7 months ago #62875

• Oscar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thanks received: 291

You told him there might be people on the forum obsessed with bonsai? :woohoo:

Nobody comes to mind tbh :evil: :whistle:

Lol! Im quite sure those were not my words :-)

Journalist seeking interview subjects for article about bonsai tree community 3 years 7 months ago #62876

• BofhSkull
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 121

Obsessed? Nah.

Agree. Until you ask my wife at least.

Journalist seeking interview subjects for article about bonsai tree community 3 years 7 months ago #62877

• NYCWriter
Leatherback, are you suggesting you're obsessed? Would you be open to talking to me for this article?

Journalist seeking interview subjects for article about bonsai tree community 3 years 7 months ago #62878

• NYCWriter
BofhSkull, Would you be interested in talking to me for the article?

Journalist seeking interview subjects for article about bonsai tree community 3 years 7 months ago #62880

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Leatherback, are you suggesting you're obsessed? Would you be open to talking to me for this article?

Always. You have my email!

Journalist seeking interview subjects for article about bonsai tree community 3 years 7 months ago #62881

• NYCWriter
Oh! Got it.
Still accruing sources. Will get back to you soon, hopefully.

• Page: