Applications for Bonsai

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Applications for Bonsai was created by Advandn

Posted 2 years 11 months ago #68431
What are your favorite apps that are useful with bonsais? How often do you use these?
by Advandn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Replied by leatherback on topic Applications for Bonsai

Posted 2 years 11 months ago #68433
I find that bonsai grow well and stay healthy without apps. So I never use apps for my bonsai, and feel they are not required..
by leatherback
The following user(s) said Thank You: persimmon, Ivan Mann

Replied by Ivan Mann on topic Applications for Bonsai

Posted 2 years 11 months ago #68446
There was an article in another forum that had a guy with a raspberry pi connected to some sensors in his trees that sent him a WhatsApp notice when the trees needed watering. It also got weather feeds and notified him when he needed to beware of high winds, temperatures, etc.

My wife laughed. I am well known as a techy but this just flies in the face of why we get plants and play in the dirt. If I were a professional grower I might do something like that. Otherwise, I just play in the dirt.
by Ivan Mann
The following user(s) said Thank You: leatherback, Tropfrog

Replied by Advandn on topic Applications for Bonsai

Posted 2 years 11 months ago #68693
That guy was in this too hard. However, I think that it can be practical in some cases.
by Advandn

Replied by FrankC on topic Applications for Bonsai

Posted 2 years 11 months ago #68703

Advandn wrote: That guy was in this too hard. However, I think that it can be practical in some cases.

OK, can you give us an example.
by FrankC

Replied by leatherback on topic Applications for Bonsai

Posted 2 years 11 months ago #68739

FrankC wrote:

Advandn wrote: That guy was in this too hard. However, I think that it can be practical in some cases.

In winter when the tropicals are in a greenhouse, getting an alert when temps hoover around freeing would be usefull?
by leatherback

Applications for Bonsai - Bonsai forum

Bonsai forum

Replied by Drishti on topic Applications for Bonsai

Posted 2 years 11 months ago #68924

leatherback wrote:

FrankC wrote:

In winter when the tropicals are in a greenhouse, getting an alert when temps hoover around freeing would be usefull?

Yes! That would be something I can imagine myself using as well.
by Drishti

Replied by Advandn on topic Applications for Bonsai

Posted 2 years 10 months ago #68995
Yes, temperature apps can be really important in some cases.
by Advandn

Replied by FrankC on topic Applications for Bonsai

Posted 2 years 10 months ago #69019
That's not an APP, that's called a thermometer
by FrankC