• Page:

TOPIC:

Bonsai Coffee Table Book 1 year 1 month ago #79628

• Ivan Mann
  • Ivan Mann's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 603
My wife has been encouraging me strongly to take some real good pictures of the trees and make a book that we could have as a tribute to the trees, maybe making three or four copies for the kids to have, and maybe some more ideas.

Has anyone done this or anything like it?

I have some older pictures of most of them. Maybe have facing pages, one large picture on one side, with the other page having brief history, where it came from, age, species, and some older pictures.

And, then, somehow print and bind it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bonsai Coffee Table Book 1 year 1 month ago #79630

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1357
I have not done it with my trees, they are not in that stage yet. However my wife have done similar books on the daughter and the dogs. Nice memories to go back and look in them and a great conversation piece when we have guests.

The tool she used for creating the design and ordering the books is called blurb.com. you make the book yourself and once done you can purshase one or more copies. Very easy she say. If a book is destroyed or lost, just log on and order another copy.

Last edit: Post by Tropfrog.

Bonsai Coffee Table Book 1 year 1 month ago #79631

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
I made a book when my parents [both] turned 75 with pictures from all their lives. Some 150 pages with up to 10 per page and printed on a large format coffee table book. Editing and printing using a commercial service. These online foto book services are often very good quality, but ask around which ones that deliver to your area are quality, because it varies.

• Page: