Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

New to Bonsai 12 years 5 months ago #2271

• Shane
  • Shane's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi im trying to start doing Bonsai, i live Adelaide South Australia And i really want help on what Tree's here in Adelaide Are suitable for Bonsai ??? Any help Would be Great...:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New to Bonsai 12 years 5 months ago #2273

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7
Hi Shane,

Welcome to the the forum and to the wonderful art of Bonsai! :cheer: So glad you could join us.

Our members are from all parts of the world including Australia so if you're looking for local trees specifically, I'm sure someone here can make some suggestions for you.

Here is a link to a wonderful website that lists 90 different species suitable for Bonsai. Perhaps you can find some that are Native to your area. www.bonsai4me.com/SpeciesGuide/SpeciesIntro.html

Congratulations on your new endeavour! :)

Re: New to Bonsai 12 years 5 months ago #2275

• Youri1995
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45
Hi, glad you could join us in our community! :)

Here is also a link that may help you in your search:

www.bonsaiempire.com/tree-species/overview here is an overview of species suitable for bonsai. On some species you can find specific information, just click on the species. Not all of them, only the ones that are dark colored.

Also look around at your own country and see which trees are growing there, these species will grow well in your country and almost every tree you can make a bonsai from. ;)

Good luck with searching!
Youri

• Page: