Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Hello! New to bonsai! 12 years 6 months ago #2302

• bobalobabingbong
  • bobalobabingbong's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello everyone. I'm new to this art. I purchased my first bonsai tree, a brush cherry, 2 days ago. I'm very excited and when I was looking around for information on the care and whatnot I found this wonderful site. I hope to be an active member, and raise many trees!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Hello! New to bonsai! 12 years 6 months ago #2303

• Youri1995
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45
Hi, welcome to the forum! :)

Good to hear you find it a good site! If you have questions though, please ask here and I'm sure there are people that can give you an answer ;)

Greetings,
Youri

Re: Hello! New to bonsai! 12 years 6 months ago #2305

• bobalobabingbong
Thanks for the welcome!

Re: Hello! New to bonsai! 12 years 6 months ago #2306

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7
Greetings Bobalobabingbong! :cheer:

So glad you found our site!
First and foremost the important next step is to research your plant ie: it's orgin such as where in the world it comes from; what climate does it grow in; is it tropical, sub-tropical or temperate (indoor or outdoor) and it's various unique needs such as temperture, light, moisture, placement, growing habits and so on. Every tree is different!

We would luv it if you could share pictures of your new tree with us! :P Do you happen to know the botanical name of your Brush Cherry? Did you receive any information with your purchase on growing and caring for your Brush Cherry? If you would like some help researching this plant, the above information would greatly help us to help you. ;)

Hey, if you like you can drop into the *Bonsai Cafe* section of our forum to introduce yourself to the gang and perhaps share a little bit about yourself with us. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and sharing this wonderful art with you on the forum! Happy Bonsai-ing! :lol:

Re: Hello! New to bonsai! 12 years 6 months ago #2308

• bobalobabingbong
Nice to meet you. I have read much and more over the last couple days. I have some information specific to my tree, and learning it all. So now I'm going to set up a routine over the next few months to make sure I can take proper care of it.

As far as the botanical name, it's Eugenia myrtifolia 'Globulus'; so far as I can tell. There are a couple of other possibilities. I was thinking of heading back to she shop I bought it at and ask. If I get the time.

I got the information from this site: http:/.www.monrovia.com/dwarf-brush-cherry

I'm going to break out the camera... :)

Edit: Uploaded to my gallery :D

7 of the 10 picture I took exceeded the limit but about 900,000 bytes. :(

Last edit: Post by bobalobabingbong. Reason: Added link to gallery.
  • Page: