• Page:

TOPIC:

some pics n stuff 12 years 4 months ago #2952

• manofthetrees
  • manofthetrees's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
i had these pics on my camera and they didn't fit with any of my other posts so...

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

this is my only mame, its a hedge seedling (arborvitee maybe???). my favorite pot by the way

these are my yellow pine seedlings ive found in my yard.the 1single one is 3yrs,the 2 larger ones at 2yrs and the lil' 1 is this year.i plan on these being a forest planting but i can't seem to keep an odd # of them :S

:P this is another hobby,i didn't get to use it much this year :(

this is my ROR sugar maple ...lost my other 2 .hopin for some backbudding on the trunk this year :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

and lastly my saved coral bark j.maple.i plan to airlayer above the first branch this spring .gotta love the 2 for one sales :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: some pics n stuff 12 years 4 months ago #2991

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7
Hi Keith, :)

Thanks for sharing your photos. Your Mame...is it a native to your area; if so, do you know the common name? How tall is it right now and, what is the finished height you have in mind? I think the maximum height of a Mame is what?...3 inches? or is it 4 inches? That is a very sweet pot!!! ;)

I very much want to create some Shohin and Mame from my rooted cuttings however, I need to find some step-by-step info so I can learn how to do it; especially without the sumo-style trunks!

It took me a minute to find the tiny, baby pine tree...but then I spotted it! You will need to hunt for a few more Yellow Pines for a forest, won't you? I'm not sure what defines a group planting from a forst planting. I'm sure you will find the ones you need. You have some very nice roots on your ROR maple. Will this be a leaning form or semi-cascade? I luv the Coral Bark J Maple (not sure what the *J* stands for). I've never seen one of these before. The air-layer is a great plan!

Nice bike! Do you do cross-country biking? My brother has a nice one...he and a friend like to hit the forest trails. They go on some crazy rides at full speed!...even in the snow and ice! :woohoo:

Re: some pics n stuff 12 years 4 months ago #3011

• manofthetrees
  • manofthetrees's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
i have no idea what the rules are but i think your right maybe up to 5".the pot is mame and the opening is 2 inches. theres no definate plans yet im just surprized it lived through the summer.
the seedlings are driving me crazy i had 7 at one time. 7 trees is were i think it becomes a forest and not grouping
as for the s.maple i am going for windswept but due to the rabbit damage the taper is all wrong. i may just let it get a good root system and chop it
oops sorry... the "J" is for japanese if i can save typing i will :P

as for the bike ...oooh yeah cross country !!! iv come home quite muddy :woohoo: love the downhill rides in the woods.canada has some great bike parks especially in B.C .i have nothing like that in my area. can't wait for my kids to get a little older and i can take 'em along

• Page: