• Page:

TOPIC:

Re: bare branches. 12 years 4 months ago #3001

• Pinkham
  • Pinkham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62
Im glad to see that I'm not alone in my obsessive documentation. pheww.
Hey, since the bonsai members in the warm parts of the world aren't posting pictures,,,,let's post pictures of our dormant trees.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: bare branches. 12 years 4 months ago #3005

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7
Hey Lance,

As for your documentation practice, it's not so obsessive; with bonsai it seems to be quite necessary. B)

During a recent Bonsai Club meeting our theme was on documentation. A couple of our experienced bonsai members shared their methods with us and one of them not only writes down every little thing that he does with each of his bonsai, he also takes photos and pastes them into his 3-ringed binder to accompany the written entries. :woohoo:

It would be great to see photos of everyone's outdoor, winter trees. There is beauty in dormancy as well and, we get to see the branch structure. Will you begin a new topic for this? I will get out and take a photo of my baby Sumac I planted in my garden back in the Fall. I know what you're thinking..."What? Leslie has an outdoor tree???" I just couldn't resist when I saw them growing along the shoulder of the highway! ;)

Last edit: Post by Leslie. Reason: left out a word

Re: bare branches. 12 years 3 months ago #3356

• Pinkham
  • Pinkham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62
Hey Leslie,
I love that you have a sumac. You need to make sure it doesn't go to seed and spread through your neighborhood. They are an invasive species, and people hate them. I got scolded one for harboring such a tree. Someone actually told me I should burn it because it was such a horrible tree. I didn't do it. In fact, my sumac is resting nicely with the my willow cuttings in my garage.

• Page: