Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Re: Acacia group planting 12 years 4 days ago #4771

• dsdevries
  • Thanks received: 16
I made a quick virtual for you to explain what I mean. I hope the hidden trees will show up as i draw them in the virtual once you rotate the tiles a bit.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by dsdevries.

Re: Acacia group planting 12 years 4 days ago #4772

• MWid
  • MWid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45
what? Oh, so you mean having three tiles rather than 4? Im not too bothered about the number of trees and I feel it looks nice as it is, it gets a bit congested if you lose a tile and add more trees. Im sure some people would back me up on that.

Re: Acacia group planting 12 years 4 days ago #4773

• dsdevries
  • Thanks received: 16
Yes I mean having 3 tiles instead of 4. The fourth one doesn't add anything to the composition. I don't mean adding any more trees, but you were talking about 12 trees but I only count 10, so I assume 2 of them are hidden, standing right behind an other tree. Rotating the tiles a bit will bring them back into play.

I also wonder what would happen if you switch the left tile to the right and the right tile to the left. According to the philosophy of yose ue a forrest starts with the main tree growing freely for a few years. Then his seedlings start emerging next to the main tree slanting because of their search for light. A couple years later the third generation appears next to the second generation even more slanting.

If you look at your composition, the main tree grows on the left of the center tile with it's two seedlings to the right. That's ok, but you would expect a few smaller treest to the right of that and a few bigger trees to the left underneath the main tree. Switching the two tiles wil fix that problem easily.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Youri1995

Re: Acacia group planting 12 years 4 days ago #4775

• MWid
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
We looking a photographs, we made sure each tree was visible from the front.

It makes sense what you are saying, it would be be more realistic in philosophy if the tall tree was growing more vertically, however we were also trying to look at the generally aesthetics and design of the planting. We weren't trying to go for a 100% natural appearance, rather an appealing design and layout. I said before we still have to wire and trim the trees, and one of the plans was to wire the big tree to give it a more vertical bend. I will post pics when we have done it, but im not sure how long that will be.

Re: Acacia group planting 12 years 4 days ago #4776

• joncoh101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 3
Those trees look dope M Dawg

Re: Acacia group planting 12 years 4 days ago #4778

• MWid
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hahaha, I'm sure you would agree :P